Friday, October 17, 2014

Nordstrom Beauty Trends & Recapping Rollin' on the River

First things first - Happy Friday! Today and tomorrow get to your local Nordstrom for their Fall Beauty Trend Event. Get a jump on the latest looks for fall and winter with some one-on-one time with beauty experts from your favorite brands. You can peep the latest trends before you go and check out videos to help you re-create your new look at home or get extra glam for the holidays.

Nordstrom 2014 Fall Beauty Trends  
October 17th-18th 11a-7p {free}
Stop by or make an appointment for complimentary makeup, skincare and fragrance consultations. Customized samples and exclusive gifts with purchase available (while supplies last)

Speaking of getting glam...a few weeks ago I threw on my party dress skirt and headed to the Hunger Network's 8th annual Rollin' on the River benefit. The sounds of Sinatra filled the picturesque Windows on the River, the cocktails (and donations) were flowing and the guests were gambling - all for a great cause. This is such a fun event and I've been lucky to attend a few times. 

My giveaway winner Jen and her husband David with Chris & I.
{image c/o the Hunger Network}
all the fun that is Rolling on the River

John Paul and Jesse working the tables / me with the insanely fab Rachael & Nadine
post-event cocktails at Ginko

The Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland works to reduce hunger by providing food, linkages and other services. 60,000 people each month receive emergency food at one of their centers or through hot meal programs. I don't know how they do it but every dollar donated provides four meals to someone in need. Living in Ohio City I'm acutely aware of how lucky I am to never, ever have to go without food. Some of my neighbors and their families are not so fortunate. Events like this provide a fantastic evening out with friends to raise funds for these initiatives. Check out all the ways to you can get involved and support the Hunger Network here

::Disclosure - I received 2 tickets for myself and 2 to give away for Rolling on the River c/o the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland. As always, all musings are my own::

1 comment:

  1. I want to create new look by my own attempt. I love white party dresses White skit also in my wish list.........Thank for your information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...