Thursday, June 19, 2014

Yoga Rocks the Park!!

I'm officially back to yoga. After a very looong break. And it's hard. But good. So very, very good.


Last Saturday I attended my first Yoga Rocks the Park and it was also the first time I practiced outside. I was all kinds of nervous going in. Would it be hot? Cold? Would the sun be in my eyes? Would there be bugs? How would I balance if the ground is uneven? Practicing in a studio is an obsessive's dream. Every little thing is controlled, from temperature to sights and sounds. My fears ended up being for nothing - yes, it was chilly (63 degrees) but that sun came out and warmed us right up. No bugs to be seen and there may have been a rock under my mat, so there's that. But it was the most incredible experience. Live music met with an all-levels practice with people from different backgrounds, ages and abilities came together under the gorgeous June sun in Lincoln Park.


I'm even more excited this week because one of my dearest friends is leading the special Saturday evening practice. Get ready because Alicia Hansen & Christopher Eff will most definitely be rocking this park. Alicia, who also writes the healthy lifestyle blog Poise in Parma, is an incredible teacher. She is known for "sharing concepts that can be applied during a yoga class or in the world outside. She has tendencies to speak in hashtags, play John Mayer slow jams and offer plenty of variations."*

Alicia takes her music very seriously and it's no coincidence that she's partnered with Christopher to bring you a fantastic evening of fun. Get ready!

Yoga Rocks the Park Cleveland
Tremont's Lincoln Park
Saturday Evening Session 6/21 5:30p (registrations begins at 5p)
Suggested Donation - $15 advance / $20 day of / $10 kids



Yoga Rocks the Park is held on Saturdays throughout the summer. Each event is an all-levels 75 minute outdoor yoga class with live music and DJs, highlighting local emerging artists. The entire YRP Community covers 20 cities and donates 10% of net profits of ticket sales to local and national causes.

*You can find Alicia on a regular basis teaching at Evolution Yoga, most likely talking with her hands.

::Disclosure -I was provided with a media pass for the summer season c/o YRP Cleveland. As always, all musings are my own::

2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen you in forever, my dear! Going to yoga rocks the park on 7/12, can't wait!!

    Hope all is well with you!

    xoxo
    Jaclyn
    www.sharingmysole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! What a great collaboration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...