Thursday, June 26, 2014

Kicking off Summer in the CLE

If last weekend was any indication, this is going to be one fantastic summer. The husband and I ushered in the season with a bevy of fun-filled days and nights in true CLE fashion.

The unofficial kickoff began on Friday night with a yoga class at Evolution and post-class nibbles at Aladdin's where Alicia proved to me that I really don't need pita if I order a veggie plate with my hummus. I've pretty much decided that crisp cucumbers, radishes and pickled turnips are my new favorite dipping tools.

Saturday afternoons have turned into Fresh-Fork-pickup-Wine-Tasting-Time, which is a favorite past time that I'm quite happy Alicia has resurrected with me. We head to pick up our FFM share in Tremont and hit Wine & Design for some mid-day laughs and wine tasting. The husband met up with me and we hit Barrio for cocktails and tacos on the patio. I adore this place. Except for the fact that the drinks are served in mason jars. There - I said it. You can hate me, it's ok. I'm over it. The whole mason jar thing. Everywhere. But I realize I'm the minority so I'll look past said jar and enjoy my tacos. And guacamole. That guacamole!!

new wares at Wine & Design / choosing a few summery whites / Barrio Tremont

Saturday night was Yoga Rocks the Park and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate the Summer Solstice.
Yoga Rocks the Park - image c/o Poise in Parma:instagram

Post-yoga we celebrated to Alicia's success with dinner on the patio at Dante. Between four of us we may have needed two tables for all the food we ordered. Not that that's a bad thing....

this patio / this girl - enough said

Sunday had the husband and I hopping on our bikes for a quick ride to the Sunday Market at Hingetown. What a treasure trove of finds. We ran into friends, bought some treats and had brunch, picnic style, on the lawn. I may or may not have grilled the guys at Mason's Creamery to find out when their new shop (just blocks from my house!) will be open.


the sun is always shining on Pope's Kitchen / one of my favorite etsy shops comes to life / you know I had to have this (spot on) tea towel from All Things / darling bracelets from KR Designs

brunch time / gorgeous displays at Urban Orchid / the scene on the street


simply cannot resist Fears' Confections (try the smoked sea salt, dark chocolate caramels) / Mason's Creamery - that will soon be opening in the old Ohio City Ice Cream space (yippee!!!!!) / taking a break in the shade / this rug - WANT

How did you welcome summer?


1 comment:

  1. that all looked uber fun. I kicked off summer with our cle ice cream tour--hitting up all the different ice cream places once a week. That and now I've started doing my yoga in the backyard. I suppose the real way I kicked off summer was working the Solstice party at CMA. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...