Monday, June 2, 2014

Holy Grail: Formula X for Sephora

Formula X 

Ladies! How have I not posted about this??? I've been beyond-obsessed since the release that I thought I must have told you guys. Read on for my newest Holy-Grail alert.

Last fall when Sephora traded in their Sephora by OPI polish line for Formula X, I was intrigued. I didn't mind the original line and a few colors had made its way into my rotation. The formula didn't seem to be that different than OPI but I usually found colors that better suited my taste with non-Sephora lines. Then they unleashed Formula X for Sephora. The collection features over 200 colors, effects and finishes.

The System containing nail cleanser, base coat, top coat and a polish color of your choice for $32 or seperately for $10.50-$14 each. The claim? Use 'the system' kit and enjoy shellac-like wear with no UV curing. So, you know, I had to get my mitts on it as soon as it hit shelves. I bought the kit and tried it out. The cleanser, base and top coat didn't leave a lasting impression but the nail color is highly pigmented and delivers superb coverage with two thin coats. I want to say my manicure lasted a good week using the entire system.

Day 9 - Formula X for Sephora
(no filter, just edited for text)

The next time I used my favorite base and top coat and got 11 days of gorgeous, shiny wear before the first chips appeared.
Holy. Grail. Alert.
On average, I will get roughly 9-11 days before any signs of chipping or cracking with just some minor wear at the tips.

If you don't have a favorite base/top coat then the system is great kit to start out with but totally not necessary. I actually got better results with my OPI Matte Nail Envy and Essie's Good to Go.

Formula X for Sephora - Gemini

Formula X for Sephora - A+

Formula X for Sephora - Ignition


Have you tried Formula X? What did you think? 


1 comment:

  1. OOOOOH! I'll have to try that! Btw I love Essie's Good to Go - it seems to make any manicure last for-ev-er...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...