Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Master Bath Inspiration

The husband and I (ok, really the husband) have begun creating a master bathroom out of a bedroom.
To me this seemed like the most logical decision - the room is spacious with tons of natural light and located right next to the master bedroom. That was - until I began to realize how much work running plumbing though two floors of a 160 year old house that has plastered-over-brick-walls would entail. "What do you mean I can't put the toilet here?"

Luckily the husband, and his friends, are quite skilled and all the money I'm saving on labor, plumbing and an electrician I can spend on marble (right, hun?).

I knew exactly what I wanted, thanks Pinterest, and it's pretty much white + marble + gray.

Gray - I'm obsessed. So much so that the entire second floor is done in Sherwin Williams Repose Gray and Dorian Gray


via

via


Back-to-back vanities - Seriously, once I saw this on pinterest there was no going back.

via

via


Clawfoot or slipper tub - Considering the age of our home this was a no-brainer. We had acquired an enormous jacuzzi spa tub a few years ago and never installed it because it just didn't feel right. Luckily we found a 1920s restored tub that is just perfect.

via

via

via


Two-person marble shower - Not to be romantic, really, just to be efficient. I hate having to figure out who is going to shower when in the morning.  Gray & white marble is my weakness. The more the better is my motto. The husband doesn't quite share this view so we'll see how the compromise goes.



via

Hardwood floors - The entire second floor has espresso hand-scraped hardwood floors so this will tie in perfectly. The hardwood for the second and third floors had to be replaced anyway thanks to Hurricane Sandy.

via

via


What does your dream bath entail?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! JPC and I just looked at a house that we would plan to do the same with. Nothing says glamour like...oh this? It was a bedroom but now it's my baller master bath ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a labor of love! My hubs and his family own a local tile and granite distributor (Design Surfaces) and have a unique selection if you're still shopping! They have a tile that looks like hardwoods that we installed in our (old) master!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...