Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Event Rewind: L'Amour du Vin 2013

The Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeast Ohio did it again. If you're keeping score, they really, really, know how to throw a fantastic fundraiser. Paired with a beautiful early fall evening, they did not disappoint with their annual strolling food and wine event, L'Amour du Vin. There was more food (and drink) than I could ever hope to try and this year's event raised just over $56,000 to support the mission, research and benefit of those battling arthritis.

The KeyBank VIP Lounge was laid back and serving up massages from Exhale: The Spa at EMH and the sounds of the Oberlin College Conservatory of Music jazz ensemble. Brown-Forman was on hand serving up two different barrel-aged cocktails. The Gentleman Jack Ward 8 featured lemon juice, simple syrup and grenadine, and my favorite, the Woodford Reserve Manhattan with cherry herring and bitters.


Bistro 83 was on hand turning out beef atop a truffle mini pancake and slow roasted pulled pork delicately piled atop a risotto cake.

The main ballroom had more food and wine packed in with some serious silent auction items, wine pull, and a diamond jewelry raffle that I was one number away from winning.


A few of my favorites included the offerings from Gatherings KitchenLittle Devil Cupcakery and Jammy Buggars.

Hats off to everyone who pitched in to make this event such a success. I'm already looking forward to next year.


::Disclosure - I was provided 2 VIP tickets for myself as well as 2 GA tickets to give away to a reader c/o the Arthritis Foundation. All musings, as always, are my own::

1 comment:

  1. This event was so fun - and tasty! Thank you so much for the giveaway and the opportunity to attend. So nice to see you! And I don't think I will ever get the taste of that apple crumble cupcake out of my dreams...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...