Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nordstrom Rack Opens and a Cool Cocktail for September

Nordstrom Rack at Crocker Park finally opens today! I got a sneak peak at a shopping event on Tuesday that had a ton of excited women propelled by fashion, bargains and bubbly, of course. The lovely employees were at the ready with drinks, snacks, advice and a bit of humor for what will surely be one crazy week for them. I saw and scored some MAJOR deals. DVF at 80% off? Yes, please.

You can be sure to get your Kate Spade fix here. This hot pink top was
marked down from $198 to $26 (and hopped right into my bag!)
Tory Burch cardigans were severely marked down and Calvin Klein and Tahari dresses were at unbeatable prices. I may have walked away with more than I planned but Nordstrom Fashion Rewards members received triple points that night so it was a win-win.

clockwise: this fuchsia Tahari blazer goes from office to after-work cocktails
with skinnies and pumps / as much Bliss as you can handle / killer cutouts
on a crop DVF leather jacket
The fun starts Thursday at 8am with breakfast treats and music with the doors opening at 9am. Early attendees can enter to win one of 30 $100 gift cards and one lucky winner will receive a $1000 gift card and the chance to peep the store before anyone else with an 8:30am admission. Nordstrom Rack is located on the Promenade side of Crocker Park in the former Borders location.


I'm not usually a frozen cocktail type of gal, but Tuesday's record-breaking 96 degree temps had me quite desperate for something to chill me out. The fabulous Mrs. Lilien to the rescue! One quick flip of her cocktail swatchbook and I immediately forgot about the sweltering heat.



Enter....the Mrs. Basil Rita. Sublime.


::Disclosure - I was invited to attend the Nordstrom Rack event on Tuesday and enjoyed refreshments and nibbles. I am a Nordstrom cardholder and all purchases and musings are my own. I work across the street so you may find me, on occasion, having 'lunch' here--please don't tell my boss::

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty dangerous that you work across the street! I can see a lot of shopping in your future. Love the pink top and I know you will look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Looks like such a fun event! Can't wait to check out the new store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...