Tuesday, July 30, 2013

16th Annual Cinema at the Square


You know it's August in Cleveland when Cinema at the Square hits. For the 16th year, PlayhouseSquare brings an incredible mix of classic, family and cult favorite films to the breathtaking Palace Theatre. Tickets are $5 a piece or you can snag a FlixTIX package where you get 6 tickets for just $15. (Tickets may be used for any combination of movies)


Movies are shown August 1st-18th on a Super Hurley-Glo projection screen, the largest non-IMAX screen in Ohio. Check out the fantastic snack bar and enjoy retro short films, cartoon and a pre-show Organ recital on the one-of-a-kind 1927 Kimball organ before each show.

THE LINEUP
Aug 1st - 7:30pm

Aug 2nd - 7:30pm

Aug 3rd 

Aug 4th - 2pm

Aug 8th - 7:30pm

Aug 9th - 7:30pm

Aug 10th

Aug 11th - 2pm

Aug 15th - 7:30pm

Aug 16th - 7:30pm

Aug 17th

Aug 18th - 2pm


*Join me on Thursday, August 15th for Partners Night at the Cinema! Meet us in the Allen Theatre lobby before the show for cocktails and movie snacks while checking out what Partners has in store for the 2013-14 season. The theme for the 2014 Jump Back Ball will be announced here first! Tickets are free and include admission to The Princess Bride at 7:30p. To obtain FREE passes you must call 216-640-8416. Being a members of Partners is not required. Please stop by, say hello and bring friends! 

Interested in joining PlayhouseSquare Partners? New members will receive a 20% discount on membership if they sign up at the August 15th event and Partners receive discounted Jump Back Ball tickets. Partners leadership will be present to answer any questions. 

Want to sign up to be on a Jump Back Ball committee?? We are looking for people to help with raffle,ticket sales,  activity and decor committees. Non-JBB committee spots are also available in membership, fundraising, social and education. 


::Disclosure - I am a member of the executive board of PlayhouseSquare Partners and a Jump Back Ball co-chair. Therefore, I may, on occasion, sound like I'm begging for fabulous people to join my committee. Don't fool yourself into thinking I'm not::

11 comments:

  1. If I lived closer, I'd totally join your committees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and you'd be quite wonderful to have!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for this! I'll be there Sunday for Bedknobs and Broomsticks. So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to go to the CAPA series when I lived in Columbus and loved it. This seems similar. Do they also play old news reels & have an organ player for Cinema on the Square?

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH WHY DO I TEACH YOGA ON THURSDAY EVENINGS?!?!? Between the Grease sing-a-long and the Partners event, I need to find some subs for my classes those nights!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have to yoga for me then those nights :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the Cinema love, Kimberly. You are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are awesome lady. Drinks soon!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, what does the social committee entail? I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The social committee plans all the fun Partners events for the year. Wine tastings, trivia nights, scavenger hunts. You'd be fantastic! That is the committee I was on this last year and it was such fun.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...