Thursday, May 23, 2013

Smitten With The Silver Spoon Awards Party

Seriously. This is my favorite food & wine event of the spring/summer. Maybe even the entire year. Cleveland Magazine's Silver Spoon Awards Party was last week and I must admit, I'm a bit sad it's over and I have to wait an entire year for it to come back.

Ridiculous fun always ensues. From seeing a million people you know (finally got to meet Sean in person) to stuffing yourself with the best food, wine and cocktails the city has to offer to the over-the-top silent auction and raffle, this is one party you don't want to miss.

Food/Drink
clockwise from top left: infused cocktails in the VIP lounge / the Hodge's crew serving up cocktails / lobster & rock shrimp rolls at Hodge Podge / Zack Bruell / a wicked lamb belly taco / chicken paprikash, Deagan style
Last year the VIP lounge was nice but this year it was stellar. Hodge's was my personal fave serving up the best new cocktail I've had in a while. A strawberry julep. They continue the love with an insane lamb belly taco with strawberry jalapeno salsa and cotija cheese. Sadly, I was told this wouldn't be added to the menu but may appear as a special from time to time. If you see it. Order it! Your tastebuds will thank you.

Other favorites of the evening included Ginko's sushi (no surprise there). Once you go Ginko you can't go back. Deagan's chicken paprikash, Light Bistro's spring pea & mint soup with ramp pesto and L'Albatros' spring vegetable garden tart with foie gras and watercress were also to die for.

The People
clockwise from top left: the uber-chic momma-to-be, Jessa / two of my favorite fashionable gals (and my giveaway winners) Morgan & Kate / the best dressed couple of the evening, Jen & Matthew / event planner extraordinaire (who doesn't take herself too seriously), Alicia (and her super fab husband in blue, Hans) / my love, Quintin from Ginko & I

Also ran into...
the always funny and fantastic Alexa, who wowed us all with a performance of the traditional Greek wedding dance
Charlene and Leah (who I never get enough time with!)
Cleveland's most fun couple to hang out with, The Hickens
the incredible Kasey Crabtree (happy hour, stat!)
Team PIP, Momma LaVec and Aunt Kathy
Dino Palmieri and his son who used to be frequent passengers on my flights (back when I did that)
and about a million more!

wait, they let us eat, drink and then blog about this?
amanda / alicia (who put this entire thing together) / jen / me


This year's festivities were held at the InterContinental Hotel and I must say, the space was perfect. Tons of room to move about and a beautiful one, at that. I don't know how they pulled it off and how they could possibly top themselves next year. Hats off to everyone at the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio. Well done!

To learn more about the Arthritis Foundation and how you can help, check out this link.

::disclosure - I was given a VIP pass c/o the Arthritis Foundation. I would be attending this event regardless and all musings are my own::




6 comments:

  1. It WAS a fab party! Nice to see you in person even if for only a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recap so much. Also, being awarded most fashionable couple?! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I got to see you! You looked gorgeous as always! Let's Please make plans soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cute pic and sweet comment!! I'm so glad I was able to attend and see you. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post....
    burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...