Thursday, May 9, 2013

Exxopolis - A Bit Of Zen In the City

Last night, I got a preview of Architects of Air: Exxopolis, which is part of PlayhouseSquare's International Children's Festival that runs Thursday, may 9th through Saturday, May 11th.

Taking over the entire parking lot across from PHS is the largest bouncy house I've ever seen. Approaching the massive luminarium, I was unaware of what to expect. After experiencing what I can only describe as a wonder of art, light and imagination, I'm unsure of how I can properly put into words exactly what it is.

An experience.

After 20 mins inside of Exxopolis, I emerged relaxed with an overabundance of zen-like calm. Kind of a post-yoga glow (without the sweat and hard work.)

Natural light is the only thing that guides you through tunnels of wonder and color.

It definitely isn't the child-like adventure I thought it was going to be. After seeing this advertised, I thought it was a cute idea to take the kids to. Now, I think every stressed out adult I know could use a good 10-20 mins of time out in this structure of wonder. So carve some time out of your busy day this week and find a little zen. It's not just for the kids.



Thursday, May 9th 12-7P
Friday, May 10th 11:30-6:30P
Saturday, May 11th 10-6P
Cost - $5
Tickets avail here for presale or on-site.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Fully accessible for wheelchairs or persons with disabilities.


While you're in the neighborhood, be sure to check out all the wonderful activities during the International Children's Festival presented by Children's Hospital of the Cleveland Clinic.




::Disclosure - I was invited to attend a media preview for this event. All musings are my own::

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking how amazing it would be to practice in that blue room. Or maybe do the flow in the red room and savasana in the blue room. #stuffyogissay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...