Sunday, April 7, 2013

Prepping For Mad Men Monday


It's finally here! Mad Men is back with a 2 hour season premiere and you know what that means....Mad Men Mondays will also be returning.  Not to worry, there won't be any spoilers on this site. As a girl who can't watch anything live lives by her DVR, I know how frustrating it can be to pop onto a site and find out what happened in an episode you were saving until tomorrow.

If you're new to SMITTEN, Mad Men Monday is kind of our weekly holiday. Mad Men airs Sunday night, we DVR and watch it on Monday where there are old school handcrafted cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and an all-out, full-tilt, elaborate dinner, where calories and fat don't count but taste and texture does. Style is a must, so breakout your inner Betty, Joan or Peggy Megan.

As the sixties move forward we see a shift toward more mod than ladylike fashions and the food can tend to become a little bit more casual. Heavier finger foods and less formal dinners. We'll see how I do. I have a pretty good thing going here so I may not stray too far in that direction, but you never know.

Here's how I'm getting ready...


2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT to follow these posts again. I still need to finish season 5 (which is kinda boring throughout the middle of the season, no?) so I can watch these episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I totally know what I'm wearing tomorrow, even if I won't be photo-ed for MMM. And PS, that Rolling Stone cover makes me drool. Maybe this is a sign Don Draper is back to his bad boy ways?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...