Thursday, March 7, 2013

My First Jump Back Ball

{Don't forget to enter to win tickets to the Annual Launch Party for the 2013-14 KeyBank Broadway Series at PlayhouseSquare. Details here.}


My first Jump Back Ball was supposed to be in February 2006. Friends had an extra ticket that I excitedly accepted. The theme was Frolic on 42nd - A Broadway Blitz. I never made it. I have a habit of getting sick on special occasions with expensive tickets. (Like the huge Millennium NYE party we bought non-refundable tickets to and had friends fly in from Texas for.) ...and Jump Back Ball. Walking pneumonia prevented me from the ball and every year after that I was out of town on JBB weekend for work.

Fast forward eight years and I finally made it to the ball!

clockwise - the boys / the scene / my very own Daddy Warbucks / mega bling / pre-gala cocktails at Pier W 

Nadine looking gorg in cobalt / fun-sized lobby decor / my beautiful girls
wicked awesome social committee co-chairs / stiltwalker in a tutu!

pretty sure Jen is handing out some serious smack talk to Alicia / dancefloor antics
first of many inappropriate twister matches / ending the evening at the Union Club

I'm not a stranger to black-tie events so I don't have any crazy tips for JBB you probably aren't already aware of. My usual stands true: wear shoes you can dance in, be sure not to show any side boob and drink water in between cocktails. I would recommend grabbing a bite to eat beforehand. Primarily because you'll be so excited that you'll forget to eat. We headed to Pier W first and I was glad we did because I was so distracted chatting and mingling that I never got around to eating much of the dinner provided. Truth be told, I'm not that good at standing and eating in a party dress anyway. But I did nosh on some of the tasty nibbles throughout the latter part of the evening. (Hot pretzels, candy, desserts and the like.)

The main difference between JBB and all the other fundraisers out there? The people. Everyone is there. The people watching is simply incredible and it's held in the most glamorous and magical place in all of Cleveland. And it benefits PlayhouseSquare!

Be sure to get your tickets in advance for next year. The theme is usually announced in August and pre-sale tickets go on sale in November and if this year was any indication they will sell out in record speed.

Discounts can be had for Partners and Donors of PlayhouseSquare. Find more about becoming a member here.

::Disclosure - I was asked to be an official Jump Back Ball blogger and received one complimentary ticket. I am also a member of Partners and on the Social Committee. All musings and antics are my own::





6 comments:

  1. HA, yes, that was the moment she was saying something about it not being fair that I'm a yoga teacher... and I still can't get over Nadine's fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! I love your dress! I got the same one and will be wearing it for a wedding this summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! One year I will be able to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look GORGEOUS.
    -Becky
    The Pumpkin Spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fun! Glad you finally got to go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...