Monday, February 25, 2013

All That Glitters - Academy Awards 2013

That's it. The final touches have been put on this years awards season. While there wasn't a ton of color, there was MAD sparkle. And drama. On the red carpet and off. Let's get to it, shall we?

Best Dressed

Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta


Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture


Also Stunning

Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive / Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille / Kerry Washington in Miu Miu

Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan / Naomi Watts in Armani Prive / Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab

The Woman Who Can Do No Wrong

Adele in the 15 kilo Burberry sparkler


The Anne Conundrum


Why, you ask, would Rachel Zoe put a sure-fire Oscar winner in this pale pink, backless, '90s inspired Prada gown? Well, just blame Amanda Seyfried. Anne was all set for weeks to wear a Valentino gown from the Spring 2013 collection. This was confirmed at around 3:30pm. When the image of Seyfreid's Alexander McQueen dress was leaked, Anne apparently called Zoe in a panic to pull dresses for a replacement thinking the McQueen and Valentino gowns were too similar to be worn on the same red carpet. I do understand the panic of the moment, but I'm still incredibly underwhelmed by the substitute made.

Amanda Seyfreid in Alexander McQueen and the Valentino gown in question.


Kitty Says What?!
Not the worst dressed of the night but...

Kelly Rowland's body is wicked amazing but I don't need to see every. single. curve.
Not sure why but Sally Field's dress is making me angry.
Why does Melissa McCarthy insist that due to her size, she must wear a shapeless bag?


What were you smitten with?

{all images via Getty}

6 comments:

  1. Anne can do no wrong in my book, but I was bummed with her dress last night. I loved Jennifer Aniston's dress, but think she looked a bit Botox-ed. Charlize is always gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry Washington was above & beyond my fave of the night. Naomi Watts won 2nd place.

    Anne Hathaway & Jennifer Lawrence were complete misses in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know who Kerry Washington was before last night but her gown was flawless.

    Jennifer Lawrence was my favorite, maybe I'm just biased because I love her candidness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your best dressed, but must also add Reese Witherspoon, the Afflecks, Octavia Spencer and Robin Roberts. I can't stand Anne Hathaway, but I didnt think the dress was terrible...except the obvious nipples. Tacky. Im a fan of 90s Prada and CK, so I wasnt completely underwhelmed, and 90s are all over the fall '13 look books/runways. Worst for me was K Stew, Rene Z, Kate Capshaw, and Sunrise Coigney (Mark Ruffalo's wife. I agree that Melissa McCartney needs to stop with the shapeless dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw george on E with kelly and guilana on the pre oscar show pick the original valentino dress as his choice for anne hathaway and later on that he heard she was wearing it and was beyond excited she picked his pick! so maybe she decided since he outed her dress, the surprise was ruined and she went last minute with another????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:07:00 PM

    I'm such a fan of classic glamour so I was really digging Jessica Chastain's Hayworth worthy look. Stunning Naomi Watts! And Fan Bingbing's pink Marchesa look charmed me. There were truly some beautiful ladies wearing beautiful dresses; not dresses that wore them. -- Jannette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...