Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Midweek Morsel - Pesto Tortellini w/ Sausage & Brussels Sprouts

Welcome to Midweek Morsel, my new series in which I share some of my favorite go-to dinners that are easy to prepare and quick to get on the table for those busy midweek nights.

This week's morsel is so easy it barely needs a recipe. I basically threw in pasta, sausage and sprouts and dinner was done.


Pesto Tortellini w/ Sausage and Brussels Sprouts

What You'll Need:
1 pkg pesto tortellini
1/2 to 3/4 lb sausage, brats or chicken sausage
1/2 lb brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt, pepper
shaved parmesan cheese

To Make:
Cook pasta according to package directions. While water comes to a boil, grill or broil sausage 5-6 mins per side. Set aside. Trim and halve or quarter sprouts (depending on size). Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Saute over med-high heat 10 mins or until crisp-tender.

Drain pasta and return to pot. Slice and add sausage. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil, add sprouts and a large handful of shaved parmesan.
Toss and serve.




8 comments:

  1. Chicken sausage and brussels sprouts are staples in my house - this sounds super easy and good! What flavor sausage do you use normally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the pic above I used green onion brats. I've also used chorizo and a sicilian chicken sausage w/ peppers.

      Delete
  2. OMG...I'm always looking for new and simple recipes to make during the workweek. This is definitely being added to my cooking repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, hello Fresh Fork winter share ingredients...this is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! missing the Fork!

      Delete
  4. Hi friend! Hopped over to your blog and I'm from The Cleve too! Westsider now for 3 years! Love your blog and I'm gonna have to try this recipe. I just recently found a love for brussel sprouts so any recipe including them is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very tasty! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. Just made this and my husband said he'd eat it again--high praise from him! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...