Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes 2013 - Trends, Hits And Misses

::Just a few more days to enter to win a pair of tickets to Spank! the Fifty Shades Parody at Playhouse Square. Details here::


Last night's red carpet was a whirlwind of nude illusion. I was prepared for massive amounts of candy-colored confections and bright springtime hues but the stars had another plan entirely. Plunging necklines met thigh-high slits and cut-outs, sheer overlay and lace topped the list of trends. Hair was swept to the side in a gorgeous array of curls, body and waves.

J'adore
When it's right, it's right, and these ladies were beyond stunning.

Trends of the night:
Nude Illusion
Whether wrapped in tulle or covered in lace, nude gowns with fishtail hems were quite popular.

Show A Little Leg
Nothing like giving Angelina Jolie's leg a bit of competition.

The Gilded Age
Glittery gold was a popular mid-winter choice but I just couldn't get into Julianne's tulle bottom.


Ladies In Red
Red is always a classic red carpet pick.


Columns Of Perfection
Form-fitted and sleek turned out to be a good call here.


I Love You, But.....Not Your Dress
Love the seafoam color of Jessica's gown, but the fit and her hair were just off. Oh Rachel, why? You are such a dream, but I do give you credit for taking a risk. Kaley's overly made up look is a bit too much for such a young woman.
images via here, here

What did you love?

6 comments:

  1. This is always my must-stop on my "I didn't watch the Golden Globes, but want to know what everyone wore" Internet tour. Thanks for the recap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks! I was wearing some fabby pink/grey/white toile pajamas which will be a huge trend for spring. (In case you were wondering...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Angelina Jolie leg impostors drive me crazy. I thought Anne Hathaway had the prettiest dress, even though she annoys me to no end. & I thought Kate Hudson was gorgeous w/a totally unique dress that I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the nude lace trend so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally have the skin coloring for it. I would look like a corpse rolled in a lace curtain!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...