Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sample Society - October 2012

Here we go. It's October and I am really looking forward to what fall/winter will have in store for beauty subscriptions. I'm thinking ultra luxe lip balms, cushiony handcremes and cuticle oils.


Self tanner? Hmmmm. I guess we aren't likely to get any real rays up north here, so it kind of makes sense. By this time of year I'm pretty set on my self tanning products and aren't likely to try some new ones out. But self tanner is what I got in the latest Sample Society box. One good point, however, is that I can slather it all over and if it's a disaster I can cover up with pants and long sleeves.

Sample Society - Oct 2012

Included:
Oscar Blandi - Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Conditioner  - for everyday use
Kate Somerville - ExfoliKate - intensive exfoliating treatment
Erno Laszlo - Phormula 3-9 Repair Balm - smooths scars, wounds, burns and dry skin
Aromachology - Clean & Fresh EDP
Herban Essentials - Lavender Towelette
Jane Iredale - Tantasia Self Tanner

Thoughts:
I'm having a love/hate moment with this box. I usually don't hate on anything beauty-subscription related because I understand the concept so well. You can't make everyone happy all the time. If there is something I'm not going to use, I put it in a box for my girlfriends. No biggie. You won't get everything you love all the time. Perhaps I'm just cranky.
But still....

Loving the Erno Laszlo. To me this brand is nectar from the gods and you can't really go wrong with anything in their line. The ExfoliKate has been heralded as one of the best exfoliants around and says it combats acne, blackheads and discoloration. Come to mama. I'm a huge fan of Herban Essentials and their little towelettes (that are so perfect for travel) available in many scents.

Again..with the self-tanner. It might also be that I'm not crazy about anything Jane Iredale. The perfume is ok. It smells like soap. And while I'm usually happy to receive hair product, it would have been nice to also get the shampoo. If this were an intensive conditioner I'd be fine with just trying that. But being a volumizing product, I'm more likely to want to try the pair.



::Sample Society is a monthly beauty subscription service for $15::

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Herban Essentials. They make great gifts for the holidays for just about anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days... one of these days... I will jump on the beauty subscription wagon. Not sure about the self tanner too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...