Friday, September 21, 2012

Foxy Lady

::enter to win 2 tickets to the Hunger Network's 10/5 fundraising gala, Rolling on the River, here::

{Most Wanted: The Fox - Tory Burch}


Autumn is mere hours away and I'm in a bit of a fall frenzy. Or should I say, fox frenzy. (And I'm not talking about the fur, although that is always welcome in my wardrobe.) As September rolls on I'm becoming more and more obsessed with woodland creatures and it's now invaded my closet.

I'm a grown woman. Is there any need for me to wear a sweater with an animal on it? It started with this Madewell sweater. Then J.Crew and those damn fat hens with the little berets. By the time Burberry and Tory came out with their fox collections, I was beyond hope. I'm powerless against the lure of the fox.

The husband tells me there's little difference between wearing a sweater with a fox on it and a bad reindeer christmas sweater. I digress.



 4. fox ring $59 / 5. kissing fox belt $150 / 6. fox studs $14 / 7. foxy sweater $83 



What do you think? Either way, if you see a redhead about town on an aqua city bike and fox print skater dress, that'll be me.


 
 

8 comments:

  1. I just bought the JCrew French Hen sweater last weekend. I couldn't take the cuteness anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my eye on the blouse....I can't stand how adorable it is.

      Delete
  2. One word. LOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My style is pretty classic. I end up looking at pictures from the 80s and 90s and thinks "that outfit would still work in this decade. I have no regret for buying it!" I fear that I would see that fox sweater on myself in a picture and think "Oh....I remember when I thought that was a good idea!" That's just my style preferences though.

    After reading this post, now when I see it on others, I'll probably think they are super trendy and I couldn't ever pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I have banned most images of myself from the '80s and early '90s for this very reason. Steering away from the sweater and towards the dress (can't help it!) and some accessories.

      Delete
  4. i had to giggle when i read this because i saw a teeny red fox on my way to work this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a perfect fall sighting. How cute!

      Delete
  5. Maybe the fox will make the owl trend go away! :)

    Love that dress and all the accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...