Monday, August 27, 2012

Glossybox & Birchbox - August 2012

Hands down these are my favorite beauty subscriptions. I am thrilled with my Glossybox this month. Illamasqua? Ellis Faas? I died and went to heaven.  In the Birchbox I'm stoked about the Talika lash conditioning cleanser. This is a cult favorite and I was crazy-happy to see it in my box.

Glossybox -

Glossybox August 2012
Included:
Illamasqua - Nail Varnish in Purity (full size - value $14)
Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum - "Vitamin C complex helps smooth out lines, wrinkles and fights environmental damage" (can't wait to test this out, I've heard good things...)
Ellis Faas - Milky Lips high pigmented liquid lipstick in Toffee Beige (full size - value $35)
Biolage - EquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment
Touch in SOL - Feel Like Homey Moon Skin Base - "honey texture firms and revitalizes skin and allows for better makeup application"

Thoughts:
This month's theme is Pure Luxury and that really comes across with some of the brands they chose. The GlossyMag this month focused on the neon makeup trend which I thought was a bit odd since all my items are nude/beige. Perhaps I need to update my profile to something a bit less safe. Nonetheless I'm ecstatic about my Illamasqua, Ellis Faas and Ole Henriksen.


Birchbox -

Birchbox August 2012

Included:
Juicy Couture - Viva la Juicy La Fleur
Noir - Black Mania Kohl Eyeliner
Osmotics - Blue Copper 5 Firming Elasticity Repair
Talika - Oil-Free Lash Conditioning Cleanser
Extra - Schick - Hydro Silk Razor

Thoughts:
People online really seemed upset to get this razor in their boxes. First off, it's an extra, in addition to the regular cosmetic items. Second, razors are expensive so I thought it added good value. What's the difference between them throwing in a razor or a protein bar? Neither are cosmetic.

This month's theme was Beauty School. I was happy to get the razor. Truth be told, I can't remember the last time I used a women's razor. I use men's. They've always worked better for me. I'm interested to see what the difference is. The Noir kohl eyeliner has already become part of my eyeliner rotation as it offers ultra-pigmented color and glides on effortlessly. I'm now a Talika convert and won't be using anything else to remove eye makeup (even the waterproof stuff!)


What did you get in your boxes? Love? Let down? Let me know.



3 comments:

  1. You have *almost* convinced me to sign up for glossy box. Maybe I'll wait for my birchbox to be up first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Birchbox came to me partially full this month. I''m happy to report that they took care of it immediately - great customer service!

    I think the razor sucks because the razors aren't expensive, the refill blades are. I felt like they were just giving it as a "bonus" so everyone would need to then go out and buy their blades.

    I wish I would have gotten the sample of Talika! That would have made up for the razor : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Allison. With each of your posts, I want to sign up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...