Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sample Society - July 2012

Sample Society - July 2012
This month's Sample Society box is pretty well-rounded. Skincare, body care and cosmetics. The only thing missing was haircare - which I don't really need since my hair routine is solid.

Quality is what separates the beauty subscriptions. With brands like Birchbox, Glossybox & Sample Society you are receiving High-end, luxury skincare and makeup. If I wanted to try the latest Olay or L'Oreal I could just run to the drugstore and buy it. If it didn't work out there wouldn't be that much of a financial output. My goal in subscribing is to try the latest things I read about or see in Sephora, Saks and Bergdorf's. Sure, you can go to the cosmetics counter and get a sample, but sometimes you need more then that tiny amount to see if something will work for you. That's why these boxes will usually include deluxe-sized samples.


Included:

Borghese Tono Body Creme - An intensive smoothing & firming moisturizer. Mid '90s the cosmetic counter I worked next to at May Company was Borghese. So at one point I had tried everything there. I forgot how much I loved the smell of their body products. Opening this creme brought it all (along with the good memories) back to me.


Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint - lightweight, water-resistant, oil-free and SPF 20 makes this tinted moisturizer a staple. I originally tried this c/o Birchbox and as a girl who only wears tinted moisturizer this is one of my faves.

VBeaute Eye Never Nourishing Repair Eye Creme - Calling it an 'eyelift in a jar' this claims to conceal and smooth lines and minimizes puffiness while boosting collagen. I'm still on the hunt for my Holy Grail eye cream so I'll let you know if this is the one...


Sisley-Paris Hydra Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration - Using a three-tiered approach to treatment, this combines botanical, mineral and aromatic extracts to replenish moisture, reduce fine lines & wrinkles and restores skin's elasticity. This retails for $250 so the size included is worth $25.

Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil - Mine came in Roseberry & Spring Rose, which I've deemed THE perfect summer to fall cosmetic with Spring Rose being a silvery pinkish rose color and Roseberry a deep berry perfect to take you from fall to winter. This liner is extremely smooth and soft. Fill your entire lip in, add a matching lip color and you are set for the day (or night). This is full-sized retailing at $26!






6 comments:

  1. I love that Jouer! Tell me if that eye cream really is the best - I'm always looking for that perfect one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random question: do you use ALL of these products within the month you receive them? Or do you end up with several half-used bottles that collect? I think I would have a lot of half-used products (with the mindset of "I'll save that for an occasion when I need it") and they would be taking up valuable shelf space in my bathroom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! There is no way I could use everything that month. I store everything in a box in the linen closet in the hallway to keep it out of the humidity. I will give everything a good trial period and if it's not working I toss it. There are some products that don't suit my skin type or that I'm not interested in and these I save in another box and then distribute them to girlfriends when we have a Girl's Night In.

      Delete
  3. Interested to see how you like the tinted moisturizer and eye cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the TM. I'll keep you posted on the eye cream.

      Delete
  4. Dude. I got tiny tiny samples of Sisley creams from Saks from a friend and I pretty much wanted to hump the night cream. It's absolutely incredible. It felt like silk rubbed all over my face. So I went online thinking, hey I'll splurge a little and you're right, that mess was $250. WHY! Can you do your magic and find out why it's so amazing? I mean I get that it has some good ingredients in it but this is just beyond great ingredients. It's like crack for the face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...