::Giveaway Reminder - Leave a comment on this post to win a pair of tickets to the advance Screening of Ruby Sparks at the Cedar Lee Theatre 8/2::
Madewell finally opens it's first Northeast Ohio store at Beachwood Place August 1st. The quirky-yet-chic sister to J.Crew is a must for denim and accessories. I nearly lost my mind when I peeped their fall lookbook last spring. The fall line isn't available quite yet, but you can pre-order some items now.
|sneak peek of Fall 2012|
In the meantime, here are my summer to fall transitioning picks that can easily become wardrobe staples.
Wear these dresses now with sandals and pumps then layer long-sleeved tees underneath and pair with tights, boots and scarves for fall.
1. printed tee dress $78
2. silk dotty dress $168
3. silk brushflower shirtdress $160
4. radiohour shiftdress $68
If Madewell is known for one thing, it's denim. Durable and super comfortable in a fit and wash for just about everyone. The skinny skinny ankle jeans are perfect for wearing inside boots. I'm saving up for these.
1. rail straight jeans (dusty blue) $98.50
2. skinny skinny ankle colorpop jeans (portico green)
3. skinny skinny ankle jeans (canister wash) $115
4. everyday knit leggings $29.50
5. skinny skinny ankle jeans (madewell wash) $115
Basic oxfords, blouses and cardis-with-a-twist are great to wear under and over just about anything.
1. true love shrunken oxford $59.50
2. waveform top $98
3. striped heartnote cardigan $72
4. leatherbound wool blazer
Well-priced jewelry that adds a hint of whimsy is always a good investment.
1. gypsystone cuff (providence blue) $26
2. arrowstack necklace $55
3. mini-bow ring $15
4. feather cuff $32
5. drifter shades $49.50
Every year I add yet another pair of leopard ballet flats to my collection (since they go with almost everything). These are definitely on my list as well as this cobalt patent pair. With all the brights of summer, adding a neutral bag or belt is a great way to combine trends.
1. patent sidewalk skimmer (crystal blue) $108
2. stripeview belt
3. leopard print sidewalk skimmer $135
4. canvas mini mailbag
5. peep toe film noir suede pump $188
Grab a girlfriend, stop in and check them out. They are giving out limited edition Ohio totes w/ purchase on Wednesday, August 1st.
all images via Madewell