Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What We Wore - Spring/Summer Wedding

Wedding season is fully upon us. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and love is in the air. Or at least it was this weekend when my girlfriends and their husbands all got together to celebrate Jen & Matthew's wedding.

There used to be so many rules as to what you should and shouldn't wear to a wedding. I personally believe you should go with your own style while at the same time being respectful that this is someones special day. The only rules I still keep in check are:

1. Don't wear white. Obviously. You can however wear a shade of white, cream or ivory if it is a print.

2. Do not wear your cocktail dress to the morning church ceremony. (God doesn't appreciate your backless dress - and the person sitting behind you in church doesn't either.) If you have more than 4 hours in between, please change. If you are unable to change there are many ways (cardigan, scarf, shoes, jewelry) to change up your look mid-day.

3. Be yourself. There is nothing more gorgeous than a confident woman. Wear what feels good.

Jen & Matthew had a morning ceremony and an evening reception leaving plenty of time for a wardrobe change. Here's what I wore.

Ceremony

dress - Ann Taylor
cardi - Loft
shoes - Nine West
bracelet - Tory Burch
clutch - vintage
Reception

playing around w/ natural vs artificial light - practicing my twirl for the dance floor

dress - H&M
necklace - TJMaxx
cuff - Ann Taylor
bangles - Banana Republic
ring - LOFT
clutch - Express
shoes - Guess

What The Husband Wore

suit - Banana Republic Monogram
tie - Banana Republic
tie bar - Banana Republic
shirt - Tasso Ella
shoes - Joseph Abboud

The Ladies

top: ceremony - me, Alicia, Julie, Amanda, Sarah, Crystal, Michaelene
bottom: reception - Crystal, Lane, me, Julie, Sarah, Amanda, Michaelene


The Bride

The new Mr & Mrs! - Jen, Alicia and Drew.





8 comments:

  1. Love this post! Great point about ceremony dress vs. reception dress. I just got the same dress from H&M and wore it to a wedding last weekend, it's perfect for the occasion :) You look gorgeous as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I also bought the hot pink version. When I put it on the husband said it looked like I had an altercation with a cotton candy vendor!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Loved your outfits as always. The pink sweater was the perfect accessory for the first dress. Great photo of you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly! I'm so bummed we didn't get more time to chat/dance/party on Saturday. I'm also quite jealous you got to do a wardrobe change ;-) Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Maybe there's a girl's trip in our future :) Your dress was stunning and I would have worn that for a week if I could.

      Delete
  4. These are great tips to share, and you make a great point about switching up an outfit with accessories if you don't have time/opportunity to change. Also LOVE that Drew made his first non-PIP blog appearance in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely couple you make, and your outfits look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...