Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mad Men Monday - Flank Steak & Extra Dirty Martinis

{via}

Whew. It's all over! I'm not sure how I feel about the finale yet, but I sure did LOVE this season. I mean, how could they possibly keep up the momentum of the last few weeks? Joan! Peggy! Lane!
I do appreciate leaving us, not with the most jaw dropping cliffhanger, but with one that harks back to the original vibe of she show. Will he or won't he. The age old question.
...and that glimpse of Roger Sterling's bare backside? Thankyouverymuch.

{via}


We celebrated on Monday and it was hot. Take one look at my crazy bun. Hot I tell you. Even my hair was sweltering.

What I Wore
dress - J Crew - Misha in cotton
belt - H&M
necklace - Ann Taylor
bangle, ring - Coach
shoes - Nine West

What We Drank
Gin Martinis - extra dirty


Recipe from Mad Men Cocktail Guide
-add 1 1/2 oz dry Vermouth to martini glass, rinse and pour out
-pour 2 1/2 oz Gin and 1/2 oz olive juice into shaker filled w/ ice
-strain into martini glass and garnish w/ olives


On The Menu:
Cabernet marinated Flank Steak, Caramelized Onion Pappardelle and Grilled Corn with smoked paprika, cilantro and garlic scape cream sauce. (and a pea tendril - just cause they're cute!)







12 comments:

  1. The pea tendril is cute...but not as cute as you! The martini is dirty...but not as dirty as, well, we'll leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get your butt back here missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50:00 PM

    I am guessing you do fresh fork?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way about the season ender - not the most exciting, but true to the show. And I was telling Don to say he wasn't alone. I'm not sure if he heard me.:) If I had a couple martinis, my neighbors might have heard me though! Can't wait for next season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was {screaming} saying the same thing at the tv!

      Delete
  5. I want to be at your house on Sunday nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mad Men Mondays will be turning into True Blood Tuesdays. I'm thinking blood orange cosmos....You know where I live :)

      Delete
    2. I'm really hoping for a great season of True Blood this year. Last season I was too hung up on the whole why isn't this like the books thing...

      Delete
  6. I meant to talk to you about the finale when I saw you tonight but completely forgot! I'm still torn on all of it, too. I loved the pace of it... so much slower than the last few finale's have been. But does the slow walk away from Megan at the end signal the end of their relationship? Is he going to cheat? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! At first I was not overly impressed w/ the whole thing. But days later I'm still thinking about it. I guess they did their job. Perhaps our questions could best be discussed over cocktails...Loved meeting you IRL last night. You are darling :) (and I want to steal your dress)

      Delete
  7. I hear ya! I got irritated w/ the fairies and witches. But what a season premiere! I think Sookie was the only one not naked in that episode.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...