Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birchbox - June 2012

This month's Birchbox theme was Jet Set and it couldn't have been more perfect timing. If you aren't heading out (or just getting back) on holiday, then you need to be pampering yourself at home. Birchbox came up with some great on-the-go and double duty items that are perfect to throw in your travel bag. (Or make you feel like you just got back from some exotic destination!)




Included:

Cosmodynes - Self-Tanning Intensive - "safe, buildable and natural looking tanning towelettes." If they do what they say, I'll let you know since I self-tan from May-October!

beautyblender - blendercleanser -  soy-based sponge and makeup brush cleanser that removes built up bacteria and oil. I usually use a mild facial cleanser to clean my brushes and sponges. I do have the beautyblender sponge so it's nice to get this.

theBalm cosmetics - Stainiac in Beauty Queen - sheer, gel, two-in-one lip and cheek stain. This is one of those double duty items I love to have when I travel. Swipe it on for a sheer look or layer on your lips for more of a berry stained look. Lasts pretty well on the cheeks in high humidity.


Number 4 - Super Comb Prep & Protect - leave-in treatment that detangles, defrizzes and protects strands with a UV filter. If I was a girl who put her head in the water, I'd totally use this on the beach or at the pool after I got out. Comb it through, condition your hair and protect it from the sun? Sold! Too bad I'm not that girl, so I'll try this before I style my hair when I know I'll be in the sun.

tili - ziploc bag - This is the cutest ziploc ever. Ever. And in my fave colors.

John Varvatos - Star USA Cologne sample - This was an extra for Father's Day to promote Birchbox Man. Giving to the husband. He's a father. To two cats. (That counts, right?!)


What did you ladies get this month? Did you love it or no?

ps. Word has it July's box will be a partnership w/ Glamour Magazine. Can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. I had my box sitting here but had to read your post before opening it. I wanted everything you got --- and I got it! Woo hooo! I would have LOVED to have the Super Comb and Protect in Vegas. I had some serious pool time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the Cynthia Rowley bandaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was just ok this month. I do like my Stila one step bronzer. However, I also got Tayloe Swift's fragrance. Would have liked to try the Number 4 you got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they have something against me. I rarely like what I receive! Yu-be moisture cream (again & still hate it), eyeko fat eye stick (haven't tried, so I may like this), Borghese body soak (I don't take baths), the Stainiac (also haven't tried yet) & a Luna bar. I should be happy I didn't get any perfume! I think I have to try out some of the other sample places you get because Birchbox is not doing it for me anymore:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. should we test out our tanning clothes together? I had a few other slightly different products but I love the lipstain. I always wanted to try to the Benefit tint.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...