Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Sample Society & New Beauty Test Tube - 2nd Qtr

Here's what I received in my May 2012 Sample Society Box and 2nd Quarter Test Tube.  Check out my year in review of New Beauty's Test Tube here.

New Beauty - Test Tube Spring/Summer (Q2)



Included:
New Beauty magazine
Moroccanoil Frizz Control
Dr Brandt - Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner
SkinCeuticals - Phloretin CF & Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50
Memoire Liquide - Fragrance and Fleur Liquid Body Cream
Perlier & Elariia - body cream
YBF - eyeliner w/ sharpener
Mally - Evercolor Shadow Stick
Olay - Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex
NeoStrata - Cellular Restoration

This is the direct-ship version. There is also a QVC version which is a bit different since QVC doesn't have rights to sell all the brands included in the direct tube. This was the month I was going to switch and get that version. But.....the Moroccanoil in this one won me over. It's full-sized and I was planning on picking some of this up for summer anyway. This retails at $32. It was like getting all the rest for (almost) free.


Sample Society - May 2012


Included:
Strivectin-SD - Intensive Concentrate for Stretch Marks & Wrinkles Concentrate
Alterna - UV+ Color Fade Proof Fluide
Stila - Forever Your Curl mascara
Bond No. 9 New York - bonbon sample
Colorscience PRO - SPF 20 Mineral Travel Puff

At first I wasn't overly thrilled with this month's box, but I found myself using all the products.

The mineral travel puff provides a mineral veil of SPF protection and can be reused 10 times. Perfect for in your purse when you're outside and don't want to slather liquid sunscreen over your makeup.

I really like the Stila mascara, and I've been layering it under my volumizing formula.

I'm not a fan of the perfume samples, but if you MUST send me something, at least let it be Bond No. 9! score


I used the Alterna before heading outside for a bit of shine and to try to prevent fading from the sun. I have an arsenal of styling products that I use religiously and love so I probably will only use this if I remember to.

I'm going to give Sample Society and Test Tube one more month and decide whether to keep my subscriptions. Added to my Birchbox and Glossybox subscriptions it can get pretty pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...