Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mad Men Monday - The Remedy & Delmonicos

I realize it's Tuesday, but there was no way I was posting on the third (and best) day of a 3 day weekend. What a kickoff to summer! And what an episode of Mad Men.
Oh Joan! Oh Peggy! No she didn't. Oh, yes she did.

What I wore:



dress: LOFT
cuff: Tory Burch - wide lucite
earrings: Amrita Singh - east hampton earring
sunnies: LOFT
wedges: Target - teresa espadrille
ring: Banana Republic


What we drank:
The Remedy


My favorite cocktail from Eleven Madison Park was a perfect fit to a summer Mad Men garden party. Can't make it to NYC? Pick up a copy of Danny Meyer's book Mix, Shake, Stir and have all his best cocktail recipes on hand.


The Remedy - the key to this drink is the delightful honey-ginger simple syrup. Easy to make and keeps in the fridge for about a month. Use in this cocktail or add to iced tea or club soda for a refreshing sipper.

Honey-Ginger Syrup
Add 1 cup honey and 1 cup water to a saucepan and bring to boil. 
Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons chopped ginger. Let cool.
Strain out ginger and chill.

The Remedy 
Fill a cocktail shaker w/ ice. Add:
1 1/2 oz gin or vodka
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz ginger-honey syrup
shake and strain into ice-filled glass.



On the menu:
Delmonico steak, grilled romaine salad (w/ bacon, onion, blue cheese and a strawberry balsamic dressing) and grilled lemon asparagus. My goal was not to cook in the house. Everything had to be grill-worthy. score!








13 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty feast and you were fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I totally stole the grilled salad from Table 45. It might be Chris' new fave. Just a few more days till the Birthday!!

      Delete
  2. Darling, you (and that salad!) look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Shoes. Ever. They scream summer to me. Heading to Target at lunch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were a huge surprise.
      I never buy shoes from Target as I wear lots of heels and if they're cheap they're never comfortable. But these are a dream! No pinching or rubbing. I've worn them for hours downtown and this weekend all over the grass and my feet were happy.

      Delete
    2. Amazing! I bought shoes at Target once. I returned them within 24 hours because they broke. I'm glad to know these are above expectations.

      Delete
  4. I agreed about the shoes! If I were younger...I would be wearing them! Also loved the earrings! How about a recipe for the grilled salad? Your salads are always delicious and I can never duplicate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. easiest salad ever!
    Halve a romaine heart (keep the bottom stem intact!) then drizzle a little olive oil and grill it, cut side down, for about 3-5 mins.

    Top w/ crumbled bacon, blue cheese and red onion and drizzle your fave dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not think that meal could look any more delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Remedy sound DELICIOUS. This week's episode made my head explode at least a million times. Such a great show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and only 2 episodes left! I need more than a 13 ep. season.

      Delete
  8. I was disappointed with Joan's decision. Love the white dress with colorful pops of accessories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I might still be in denial.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...