Monday, May 21, 2012

Mad Men Monday - CLE Style

As a part of today's Ohio Blogging Association's All State Blog Swap, I'm delighted to introduce you to the wonderful Jen from Why CLE?. She's a blogger that has become a great personal friend and I was pleasantly surprised when we were randomly assigned to swap blogs. On this day, bloggers from around the state of Ohio are guest posting on one another blogs as a way to get to know one another in our blogging community. For a full listing of blog swap participants, please visit Poise in Parma today.



Hi, I’m Jen and I blog over at Why CLE?. Each post on my blog tries to give you another reason why Cleveland is a great place to live, work, and play.
If you regularly follow SMITTEN…in Cleveland, you know that Kimberly and Mr. Smitten have “Mad Men Mondays,” where they stay in, have a nice, 1960’s-style dinner, wear cute clothes, and sip old-school cocktails. As a twist on this tradition (and since its Monday), I thought I’d list some places in Cleveland to go out Mad Men-style.
The men of Mad Men are all about being men, especially at dinner. So, next time you want to dine like Don Draper, check out…


Red, the Steakhouse 
Don’t get me wrong, Red has fabulous food. But at this place, it’s mostly about letting the steak stand alone (or possibly with a martini or a glass of red wine right next to it).


{via}



Johnny’s Downtown

Johnny’s just gives you the feeling Roger Sterling is wining and dining someone at the next table. It’s a place for great Italian food and backroom deals in dark corners.



But what about the ladies of Mad Men? For something more refined…
{via}
Megan could pronounce everything on the menu, so break out your best French Canadian accent and go for it! The cheese board will make you so happy, you’ll sing Zou Bisou Bisou.

{via}
Sally Draper would have a great time in this palace of sinfully delicious homemade ice cream and chocolates. I think Betty might indulge a bit too this season…

And for that special date night…
Step back in time and see a flick in this refurbished theater. Peggy Olson would hold hands here for sure!

Next time you’re craving a Mad Men Monday, remember you can stay in or go out and be just as suave as Don or as sassy as Joan!
{via}




4 comments:

  1. i had my first martini and johnny's a few weeks ago and truly thought i was in an episode of mad men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:45:00 PM

    This post is so fun and funny!! Thank you for reminding me that I get to go home after a long work day and watch last night's Mad Men on my DVR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post cracks me up - I still have never seen Mad Men - I must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, you're not the only crazy one. I've never seen it either. Great post!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...