Friday, May 4, 2012

Glossybox US Inaugural Box - April 2012

Glossybox is here! The beauty crack that all of Europe loves has finally come to America! Think of it as Birchbox - on steroids.

I was lucky enough to win this box and subscriptions should be available any minute now.

Are you ready to peek?


 I was so excited, I barely had time to snap an iPhone pic so here are some pics from their site:


In The Box:
*all items except the Erno Laszlo are full-sized, this may be bacause the first box was promotional

OPI - Kiss Me On My Tulips polish (retail $8.50)
Erno Laszlo - Hollywood Collection - samples of the Velvet Night Cream, Instant Eye Repair, Refresh Moisture Infusion, Intense Porcelein Veil 1, Morning Beauty Rescue (retail $125)
BASQ - Cucumber Tea Eye Gel (retail $24)
C.O. Bigelow - Lavender & Peppermint Shampoo (retail $12)
Cargo - Eye Bronzer (retail $22)
Kryolan - High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine in Toffee (retail $18)

Not including the Erno Laszlo, since it was sample-size, this box comes to $84.50. Keep in mind this was a promo box and that most-likely they won't have all full-sized items included.



The Details:
-5 luxury travel-sized beauty products delivered to you each month. (word has it one will always be full-sized)
-go online, choose a subscription plan and create a beauty profile
-no exact pricing/plans have been listed yet (word has it to be $21)

I'm excited to see how this plays out. I love Birchbox for the quality of their products and points system. So far, I'm liking Sample Society too, although it is heavier on skincare and $5 more than BB. Glossybox is already in 15 other countries and is known to ship the best in beauty and skincare.

What do you think? Will the $21 price tag price it out of the market for you?

I'll keep you posted on future boxes and details as I get them.



5 comments:

  1. That's a good price. Although I think they are all good deals, I just haven't been able to get into the monthly beauty box things. I don't know why, perhaps I'm too cheap and the thought of committing to one more monthly payment scares me. Ha ha, you do get a bunch of great stuff though. Like that tea gel. I kinda want that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd be interested in the Sample Society because of their heavy emphasis on skincare. I recently took an informal poll among friends about their daily routine, and most of them confirmed my suspicions: we have our favorite skincare products and are extremely loyal to them. With that said, perhaps that is why Sample Society has more skincare options. If they can get consumers to "sample" something new, and if they love it, then the chances might be greater for people to become extremely loyal to it.

    On a *completely* unrelated note, I wanted to tell you that you've convinced me to go shellac, and my first shellac manicure is on the calendar for next weekend. ;) Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get your informal poll results. I have a few can't live without items I'm loyal to but still on the hunt for a few key pieces.
      Oddly enough, I just got my Sample Society in the post today, and am feeling a bit underwhelmed.
      I might be swapping that for a Glossybox subscription.

      Can't wait to hear all about your shellac! If it doesn't hold up for 2 weeks - make sure you go back and get it fixed. It should hold up but it's all in the manicurist.

      Good luck :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3:18:00 PM

    I tried to win the first Glossy Box too - you are lucky.
    I think I would try a 3 month subscription to start and see if it is worth the heavuer price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge lover of Birchbox and have gotten a box for the last 3 months... seeing this has me wondering if I should add another to the mix... but $21 seems kind of steep when compared to BB. Maybe I'll look to see what's in your box for the next couple of months before deciding :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...