Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fresh Fork Summer In Review (PHOTOS)

::Don't forget to enter to win tickets to Cleveland Magazine's Silver Spoon Award Party here. You've got until Fri 5/4 at 5pm::


Time is running out to sign up for your Summer Fresh Fork share. If you're on the fence or thinking about which CSA* to join, I decided to recap my Summer 2011 share for reference.

For the record, Fresh Fork is not a traditional CSA. You are not working with just one farm. Trevor from FF sources the best in produce, meats, cheeses and more from local farms and artisans within a 75 mile radius from Cleveland. See their site for more info such as how to sign up, what to do about vacations, programs and cost and more.

Top Reasons I Chose Fresh Fork:
-25 pickup locations
-small share option is perfect for 2 people
-much more than just produce
-weekly newsletter tells me what I'm getting (in advance) and how to use it
-option of ordering add'l products through website on a weekly basis


Here's most of what we received in our small share - Summer 2011. Please click on the link for a complete list of what items were received for each week.

WEEKS 1-4
Weeks 1-3, Week 4


WEEKS 5-7
Week 5, Weeks 6 & 7


WEEKS 8-12
Weeks 8-10, Weeks 11 & 12



WEEKS 14-17
Weeks 14 & 15, Week 17


WEEKS 18-22
Weeks 18 & 19, 20-22




*I may refer to Fresh Fork as a CSA in some of the linked posts. It is not a traditional CSA. I understand that. It's just easier when explaining it to people who may have never heard of or used one before. 

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh...this makes me so excited for our Fresh Fork this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Fresh Fork last year. Too bad I only eat for 1.5 people and not for 2 D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:51:00 AM

    Super excited to have our first Fresh Fork summer!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm 100% signing up - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so, SO excited. We got ours as a Christmas gift. Seriously BEST GIFT EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. might seriously be the Best. Gift. Ever.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to get my Fresh Fork on again this summer - that first pick up can't come soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still debating on this option. Things I like - that it's all coming to me. Things I'm not sure about - will I use everything in it in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. You probably will toss some of it out, unless you can share w/ someone. It's a lot of food for 1 person!

      Delete
    2. I agree that even the small is a lot for one person, but I think you wouldn't have to do much other shopping especially if you stocked up on a few pantry items ahead of time. I always go through and prioritize what to use when when I get my bag. Some items, I just chop and freeze right away. The only thing that is sometimes and issue is greens. Usually, it means that we aren't eating as much salad as we should. I also just bought a vitamix and I am hoping to throw some "extra" greens into smoothies. We have a family of 2 adults and 2 small children. We get a large share from one CSA and a small from another. In adddition we do lots of Upick during the summer. This is my 4th CSA summer and it takes some work and exploration to get it all figured out.

      Delete
  8. This seriously makes me super excited for this summer. Only a few weeks away now until first pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post Kimberly! I can't wait for the new season to start. Meanwhile, I am using up canned items from last summer and I need to inventory my freezer stat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. best anti aging cream-Blog for The best foods for gout are antioxidant rich foods. Read best article on Anti Aging Antioxidant Rich Foods & Skin Care Products.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...