Monday, April 16, 2012

Mad Men Monday - Vodka Gimlet & Chicken Kiev


Mad Men Monday will be returning in full force next week. In the meantime, you can catch up on some of my faves. To start is Chicken Kiev & Gimlets. The weather has dipped a bit and the chill has me craving this delectable, baked chicken. Not to mention, my ultimate weakness - The Pioneer Woman's creamed spinach. Need a menu/cocktail idea? Check these out:




{this following post was originally published on 4/16/12}

 

Are you just loving this season of Mad Men or what?! I don't know if it's just that I've missed them so or if this season is just really good so far. Either way, I'm having a blast. This week I decided to go post-WWII with dinner making Chicken Kiev and creamed spinach. I used panko in lieu of regular breadcrumbs, added in ramps to the butter compound and browned the chicken bundle on the stove, then baked in the oven (rather than fry the whole time). It was delish and quite fun to make.

I don't dress like this every day, but the husband does. (He probably wishes I did, though!)


What I wore:

dress - Lilly Pulitzer (vintage)
bracelets - Lilly Pulitzer 
apron - Anthropologie



What we drank:
Vodka Gimlet

 I drank mine in a martini glass. Just because.

left: Vodka Gimlet - recipe via Mad Men Cocktail Guide
right: Viv martini glass avail at Crate & Barrel



On the menu:

Chicken Kiev via The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook, creamed spinach via Pioneer Woman and mashed potatoes






6 comments:

  1. Great pics! Happy Mad Men Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DRESS!!! I absolutely LOVE IT! This makes up a little for you not going to the Garden Party. When I see these posts, it makes me love you two even more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Lilly, that dress is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit! If you still have the red box of recipes from your great-grandmother, I am sure you can find some fabulous menu ideas for your Mad Men Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh you are so FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i vote dinner party at your place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...