Monday, April 23, 2012

Mad Men Monday - Swedish Meatballs & Moscow Mules

Happy Monday Kittens!

This week it was Swedish Meatball time. I found this recipe a couple of years ago. It's really one of the easiest dishes to make (other than the time it takes rolling the balls). You can do it ahead of time and the sauce takes literally 5 minutes to put together. The recipe I linked to makes 2 batches so you can freeze half or serve it all if you're having a party. Nothing says party like a meatball. Cocktail meatballs, italian meatballs, greek lamb balls or these Swedish balls. I love them all.

I went with an easy simple dress, (yep, the same one I wore for my birthday) threw the hair up and added some fun earrings. A moscow mule and the party was on. The husband even started a round of 'Zou Bisou Bisou'.

What I wore:




Yes, apparently I need a spray tan ASAP. 
This is the true color of my person and I don't think I've seen it in years. 
dress - H&M
shoes - Kelsi Dagger Linzy pump
earrings - Tascha - Nordstrom
bracelet, ring - Ann Taylor

What we drank:
Moscow Mule

I drank mine in a double old-fashioned since I don't have the super cool copper mug. It's on my list to get a few.

left: Moscow Mule - recipe via Mad Men Cocktail Guide
right: Impressions double old-fashioned, avail at Crate & Barrel


On the menu:
Swedish Meatballs w/ Papardelle, recipe via Martha Stewart Everyday Food




6 comments:

  1. So pretty - especially love your hair! And I agree about the cute copper mugs - I need some ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL. Holy smokes you look like you're straight out of a magazine and how cute is your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you find the copper mugs. I would love to try a Moscow Mule the way that God intended!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love it! Also WTF was with Monday's episode!? Clutch my pearls Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. I love Swedish meatballs! And you must teach me how to do my hair like that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair is BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...