Monday, April 9, 2012

Mad Men Monday - Leg of Lamb & Tom Collins


Mad Men Monday is back! It took me a bit to get back in to the swing of things, with a migraine leaving me a bit behind on that 2 hour season premiere. Zou Bisou Bisou anyone?

So kittens, here's the scoop. In the Smitten house we DVR Mad Men and watch it on Monday, where we imbibe old school cocktails and nosh on a fantastic meal. I will recap the following Monday with what we (I) wore, ate and drank. Wearing your best Betty, Peggy or Joan used to mean swing and wiggle dresses but it's 1966 now and I'm looking forward for the weather to heat up so I can break out some vintage Palm Beach-esque shift dresses. Cocktails are always more fabulous on the patio.

Read more on Mad Men Monday here.


What I wore:

dress - Banana Republic
necklace - Ann Taylor
earrings - LOFT
apron - 2 Design Divas on etsy (a birthday gift from Jaclyn!)
This apron is so fantastic, I can't wait to collect more from them.

lipstick - Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection in Cherry
glasses: Lookmatic - Payton
left: flash ; right: natural sunlight

What we drank:
Tom Collins

I drank mine in a cocktail cup. Cocktail cups are fancy.

left: Tom Collins - recipe via Mad Men cocktail guide
right: Schott Zwiesel cocktail cup, avail at Sur La Table


On the Menu:
Leg of Lamb via Esquire Magazine



Caramelized Onion Pappardelle via Martha Stewart and Bacon/Shallot Brussels Sprouts (recipe here)




11 comments:

  1. I know that you have other plans tonight but I know where I'm going to be next Monday! Looks like a great way to enjoy the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition! I love this idea, and you look great in that dress and the food looks divine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous! You are the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooooooooooooooooo when are you inviting me over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SMAckerman9:29:00 AM

    So fun! You look fabulous!
    I think Smitten needs to host a dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies :) Alexa- anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love love! I wont let John Paul see this... he'll start to expect cocktails, dresses, and delicious dinners every Monday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Great post, and you look so cute!

    xx Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The BF and I have totally instated Mad Men Mondays as there is just too much tv to watch Sunday night. Those glasses are fab on you! I tagged you for an award. Go to my blog to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dina - don't you mean you want Chris' life? ha ha!
    Christina - I love it! And thanks for the award, I'm trying to make myself more interesting right now....I'll post it later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...