Thursday, April 12, 2012

High Tea With Burberry At Saks



Tuesday afternoon, Burberry and Saks Fifth Avenue teamed up to offer a close up look at the latest arrivals in their Prorsum, London and Brit collections. And what better way than with a spot of tea.



Tea and coffee were served as well as an array of delicate finger sandwiches, fruit and pastry. I could have nibbled all day. That is, until the fashion began. I quickly lost interest in food altogether and just wanted to try everything on. Local and national Burberry representatives were on hand to give us an up close look into all the latest, answer any questions and teach us how to tie the "Burberry knot" on our trenches. We were also informed that they are discontinuing the Nova Check print handbags in favor of all the other 'checks' (haymarket, smoked, house etc). These should be out of stores by January 2013, so if you have your heart set on one, it's best to scoop it up as they will not be releasing any more in that print.


I fell in love immediately with this dress paired with the tribal clutch.


A great day-to-night option with a hint of sass with that exposed zipper.


The gathering and keyhole on this dress were superb and I love the slit with a bit of length. This just floated across the room.


Pictures don't do this jacket justice. It was an incredible work of art and paired nicely with a silk blouse and great fitting pants. If you haven't tried on pants by Burberry, they all have a hint of stretch giving each a 'spanx like' fit.


Hands-down favorite of the day. Nothing like a black leather pencil skirt paired with a casual olive cropped trench. 


Two great summer dresses that easily pair with sky-high sandles or flats.


Learning different ways to tie a scarf.
A classicly casual Burberry look, complete with whipstitched bag.


Bringing in a pop of color with summer whites.
Loving the tassels on a print-free bag.


Comfortable yet chic in an easy knit and white denim with a fun punch of yellow.


The Dutton $1195 and Prorsum Whipstitch $1795


Hard to pick just one.



All the above items are currently available in-store at Saks Beachwood.

A special thank you to Lindsey Yoder and the entire Saks and Burberry team for hosting this event.



6 comments:

  1. WANT that cranberry colored dress. Love the keyhole. Now if I only had a high tea to wear that dress to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps we should enjoy some at the Ritz to celebrate Miss Gardner's upcoming nuptials. Or post-nuptials when she gets back from her honeymoon. Really any excuse would do. Can I borrow your credit card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Burberry! I love checking in to see where you're going or what fabulousness you're getting into next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Alicia, I too LOVE that cranberry colored dress. I have 10 different places I want to wear it!!!! So lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon tea is one of my FAVORITE ways to spend some time with my friends. What a fun event - love the fashion show mixed in! Can I borrow your credit card too Alicia - I'm lusting after that cream tasseled bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue/black dress with the zipper. I have a Target dress with a similar sipper - love it. Also, I need a new purse. BADLY.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...