Monday, March 19, 2012

Sample Society Review - March 2012


Add Sample Society to your list of beauty sample subscriptions. Coming to you from Beauty Bar and Allure, I had a feeling this was going to be a good one. Not all beauty subscriptions are created equal. There are quite a few out now and I will cover them all in a future post - coming soon.

Sample Society is $15 a month and you receive:
5 deluxe sized samples from high-end beauty brands
$15 off a $50 purchase from Beauty Bar when you purchase any of the featured full-sized products
Expert beauty advice
One year subscription to Allure magazine (if you already get Allure or are not interested, you can request a refund for this bonus)

This being the first month, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was excited!



Included:
Fekkai Advanced - Glossing Creme
REN - Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask
Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant
Oscar De La Renta - Esprit d'Oscar mini rollerball
Skyn Iceland - Icelandic Eye Relief Pen


Quite a nice little booklet detailing what products you've received and 
helpful beauty/skincare tips.

What I think:
I've been a big fan of Fekkai's Glossing Creme for years and I kind of forgot about it. I was glad to see it and excited to use it, especially with summer coming, I love using this to smooth out the ends of my hair.

I'm all about any type of exfoliating and anti-aging skincare and I've been wanting to try Dermalogica's Microfoliant.

REN's peel mask is intended to remove dead skin cells, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines while combating congestion, blackheads and evening skin tone. I say yes, to all of that and will update you if it really does work!

Skyn Iceland is a paraben free, natural skincare line marketed as 'Solutions for Stressed Skin'. The eye relief pen has a flexible rubberized tip which you glide under the eye area. It felt slick and had no fragrance and absorbed quite nicely. Not sure if it reduces puffiness or circles/wrinkles etc, but I was able to use this under and over makeup and I instantly felt hydrated without looking greasy or having my eye makeup smudge.

I'm not a personal fan of Oscar perfumes but I really like that this came in a rollerball. If Birchbox started that trend I'd be in love!

The only downside I can see of this box is that there were no cosmetic samples, strictly skincare. Not that I mind, because I love the selection. The site and some promo materials do feature cosmetics so that might be more prevalent in a future box.


5 comments:

  1. I think the highlight of this box is the Fekkai glossing creme. I'm with you - that stuff is amazing.

    I look forward to reading your reviews on the sample subscriptions: what's available, what's quality, and what you like and don't like about them.

    On an unrelated note, with all of this wonderful weather, I brought out my Spring clothes...it was like I had a whole new wardrobe without doing a lot of damage this past weekend at the "triple points event" at Nordstrom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love the Jack Daniels and the Vodka bottles photobombing in the background! But seriously enjoying your blog, so happy to get recommendations of all these beauty subscription boxes for all of us who can't afford them all but want to play too! And your recommendations of all the upcoming events in our area is priceless, so glad you share with us all so we won't miss the fun, thanks so much for your great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy & Cat, you two are so sweet and totally just made my Monday! I'm working om a great post with all the subscription boxes and there are many I never even heard of until recently. And some of them are SO different. This spring weather makes me want to shop and it's hard to keep on budget (love perks like Nordies triple points!). Wishing you ladies a sunny week ending with a cocktail on the patio :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to subscribe to Birchbox but this far outshines them in my opinion. So happy I gave this a try!

    I have used and am very happy with everything except the perfume. I have pretty sensitive skin and was hesitant to use the REN peel at first. But I have heard so much about it that I figure, I'll wash it off if it starts burning. Haha. There was mild tingling as the instructions indicated but after that it was fine. I've used it twice and would say the results are most noticeable the day after.

    How did you get on with everything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear about the REN, I still need to try it. Anxious to try it now. I'm really loving the Dermalogica. It goes on and feels like it's not doing much but you get the softest skin. And 2 days later it's still soft. Usually I can't tell after the first day! Also digging the eye pen. I swipe it on all the time during the day for a little moisture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...