Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Get Married & Get Local

You met, fell in love and are getting married in Cleveland. So why are you using chain non-local vendors? This was the thought that hit me when I walked into the Boutique Bridal Bazaar on Sunday that the girls at Something White Bridal put on at Dredgers Union. It was there first annual event and with all the eat, drink, shop local vibe we are all hooked on as of late, I bet it won't be the last. 

I'm not getting married. Already did that about 8 years ago. I know what it's like to dream about your perfect day and have years of Martha Stewart Wedding snippits as inspiration. Where was Pinterest then? Trying to fit your dreams (and guest list) into your budget. Oooh, I hate that word. Budget is a four letter word in my book.

Dredgers Union is an amazing space and Sunday's event was a great fit. The right amount of (good) vendors so that you didn't feel overwhelmed. It had a handpicked quality to it that you don't see at the larger mass-media bridal fair. Where you have to hunt and peck between the good and not-so-great offerings. This felt very selective. Yet, since the majority of vendors were local, not only did much of it fit into a great price point, they know how to work it around what you want to spend. You're going to spend the money anyway, you might as well give it to someone you know, and there were a lot of familiar faces there.

I almost tried a dress on -just for fun- who can resist a wedding gown?

Gorgeous gowns available at Something White.

Something White put on 2 fashion shows showing options
in a variety of styles for all body types. I loved their selection.



An array of vintage and handcrafted adornments.
1. feathered headbands at Urban Orchid
2. vintage accessories at Tied Up and Tousled
3. hair pins at Modern Meets Vintage (etsy shop coming soon)


Tablescapes and floral arrangements that ranged from classic to modern.
1. going modern and bright from Lasting Impressions
2. amazing arrangements from Urban Orchid
3. Rented an empty space? Let HeatherLily take care of everything.
4. Whimsical designs by The Budding Tree


Spice of Life Catering had a lot of local tastiness going on.
They were also handing out menus of their newly opened
Spice Kitchen + Bar.
Of course my two favorite sweet shops were present and accounted for. If you have been to events with these ladies before (like Best of Cleveland) you know how hard it can be to actually get to their booth since they are packed 3 people deep at all times! We in the CLE sure love our cupcakes

A Cookie and a Cupcake

Main Street Cupcakes
A special shout out to Sarah at Main Street who always takes the time to chat and give blogger love. We heart you, Sarah.


I was really excited to meet and get to know the lovely group at Davide Cotugno. They are executive tailors that offer ready-to-wear along with custom and bespoke garments. I can't wait to bring the husband to their shop and get to know them better. They also do custom tailoring and alterations for women as well. Look for a full post about them soon.

Davide Cotugno - Executive Tailors

Grey Cardigan had a fun and unique wedding collection for
that personal touch.

Wonderfully imaginative invitations and stationary from Borrowed & Blue.



Red Kite was there and I fell in love with their style.
And groupings of cute guys never hurts.

I was a wonderful afternoon spent and it gave me the excuse to check out all the new offerings Dredgers Union has recently gotten in. So please, I implore you, while you are eat, drinking and shopping local don't forget to Marry Local! We have an abundance of cutting edge talent here and it's an easy way to put your unique stamp on your most special day.



*I received a ticket for myself as well as a pair to giveaway on this blog c/o Something White Bridal. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great show! Now if I can only find a groom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have quite the cute suitor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! We're trying to use local vendors as much as possible for our CLEwedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expect nothing less from CLEgal for a fab CLEwedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your generous coverage of the event! Thanks for mentioning Main Street Cupcakes! We should do something fun together! Email me if you have any ideas! Sarah@mainstreetcupcakes.com I'd love to have you in sometime! Great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...