Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birchbox February 2012 & Bonus Vichy Box

This month I asked Birchbox subscribers on facebook and twitter if you liked checking out what everyone else was getting or if you liked to be surprised when your box came. It was pretty split right down the middle with half wanting the surprise and the other half (me included) who just couldn't wait every month and loved seeing what others were getting. The problem with knowing what everyone received already is that you start to hope for certain things  (stick on eyeliner and Exude lipstick - in my case) and when your Birchbox finally arrives without these items you're left wanting more. First world problems, I know....

Not saying I didn't like what I received but I would have gladly given up a few for the ones I really wanted. Ah, the power of the Birchbox.



Included:
Kiehl's - Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
Heart-shaped nail file
WEI - Pomegranate Buffing Beads
Blow - Blow Up Daily Volumizing Conditioner
BLK DNM - Perfume 11
Digital Download - Green River Ordinance (6 songs)

I"m interested to try out the newest Kiehl's serum since I do have some hyperpigmentation on my cheek. The one that faces the car window, from sun exposure. I love most everything from the Blow line and haven't tried this conditioner yet. The perfume smelled good, but was a bit androgynous and I couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be or was just a bit too masculine for me. It is hip and spicy (just like it says on the card.)

As if they knew I was a bit disappointed, they sent another treat. Depending on your online profile (think sensitive or aging skin) Birchbox sent out a bonus box from Vichy Laboratories. Vichy is France's original doctor-based skincare company known for their anti-aging products. The town of Vichy is known for it's spring water filled with 15 rare minerals, high in anti-oxidant properties. This mineral-rich water is the foundation of their line.



Included:
Aqualia Thermal Cream - 24 hr Hydrating Care  
Lifactiv Rhamnose Night - Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Care  
Purete Thermal - 3-in-1 Cleanser 
Purete Thermal - Eye Makeup Remover
Celludestock - Intensive Cellulite Treatment


4 comments:

  1. I'm dying to know what you think of the Vichy products! More and more my skin is becoming increasingly sensitive and I'm always on the look out for how to improve it. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally was able to order Birchbox. Looking forward to first box. Anything I can't use may be coming your way if you can use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the Vichy box totally made my month and got rid of any disappointment with my Birchbox. And the sample sizes! Totally worth it and best of all, free!

    I did my review on all the products here:
    http://mrsgaeul.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kimberly for cluing me into this awesomeness! I just signed up...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...