Sunday, February 5, 2012

11 Steps Of Randomness

So there's this chain-like blog post going around (I'm sure you've seen it) and I was tagged by the lovely Hungry in Cleveland.


The Rules:
  • Post these rules
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself
  • Answer the questions set for you in their post
  • Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
  • Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them (All the bloggers I know have already been tagged so I'll be skipping this)
When I read this, my social anxiety went into overdrive. Maybe no one would really do it and I could just fly under the radar. Not so. All the other awesome bloggers tagged went about it straight away. I secretly hoped for some really crazy cool random facts about me to start falling from the sky. I didn't teach myself to read and do triple axles when I was 2. I don't have a twin or a third nipple or anything nearly as much fun as that. So here goes....


1. I became a flight attendant in 2002 and had been until  this past December.

2.  I had my first bite of an orange a year ago after much prodding from co-workers. Fruit that has segments and membranes freak me out.

3. I'm a card-carrying member of the Clean Plate Club. If I left anything (and I mean anything) on my plate it means I didn't like it. My plate never needs to be rinsed before going into the dishwasher. 

4. My hair color is natural and I'm scared of the day I'll have to color it. I'm so behind in learning all about color and what's good and how often it needs done. I have no clue.

5. I've had Cavs season tickets for the last 8 years. 

6. I have to have all the dishes/pot/pans and kitchen cleaned up before I can sit down and enjoy dinner. Thankfully I'm pretty good at cleaning as I go and the Husband is an expert speed washer of last minute items as I set the food out. He, however, does not share this issue.

7. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in Cleveland that doesn't like baseball. I've been known to fall asleep at Indians games.

8. I will sing at home and in the car (my poor husband) at the top of my lungs but mouth the words to Happy Birthday. This is a favor to you since I'm completely tone-deaf. I will never karaoke no matter how drunk you get me.

9. I wanted to be a lawyer growing up but changed my mind when I read a study that said lawyers have the highest suicide rate of all the professions. 

10. I'm the least athletic person you'll ever meet. I just took my first spin class as was terrified I was going to fall off my bike.

11. I have 2 DVRs in my house because I can't stand to watch live tv. I will even pause a show coming on right away just to skip through the commericals.

Hungry In Cle's questions for me:


  1. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever eaten? Sweetbreads. Or probably something strange that I couldn't pronounce in the Dominican Republic.
  2. What would your last meal be if you had a say in it? Thanksgiving dinner
  3. What is your all time guilty pleasure food? Dots (the candy) I have a sugary gummy candy problem
  4. What are you currently listening to? A mixtape of the new Lana Del Rey (yes, I saw SNL. it made me sad) with Etta James. 
  5. What is your favorite sport (to play, watch, or both)? Basketball (to watch)
  6. One thing you are dying to try (this could be anything) Skiing
  7. Fill in the blank: Food makes me _________ swoon
  8. If you could have dinner with just one person, dead or alive, who would it be? My father who died 3 months after I got married, 8 years ago. 
  9. What is your "go to" restaurant for taking out of towners? Dante - it's pretty much my go-to restaurant for everything. Adore!
  10. What quote sums up your life right now? Everything happens for a reason.
  11. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, I adore the snow and the music and the bad made-for-tv movies.
Read up on your random blogger bits with Steph @ Hungry in Cleveland, Jen @ WhyCLE?, Alicia @ Poise in Parma 

9 comments:

  1. I love this and I love everything about you!!! I hate baseball too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that we had the same answer for "most adventurous" food! Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers!! And if you ever want to try skiing let me know, I am snowboarder myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last Indians game I went to was last August for my sister's birthday. I spent it playing Words with Friends on my iPhone. So, no, you aren't alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling so much better about my poor baseball habits. Now I know who to call during the summer (who won't be watching the game!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're adorable, this makes me want to be friends with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @alexa - Now that I'm not flying all over the place I actually get to make it to the great events we have. I will meet you one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously laughed at how you've never eaten an orange until recently. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you sing at the top of your lungs for my birthday! You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...