Friday, January 20, 2012

OPI GelColor - Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not & Lea Michele's Hot Lipstick

After my NYE glittered nail look I decided to give my nails a bit of a rest. I've had some form of shellac, gelish, gelcolor on nonstop since spring/summer. I would wear each color for at least 2 weeks and then have that one taken off and another put on. So basically my nails got about 20 mins a month rest. I wasn't sure if this was ruining my nails, making them stronger or what.

I removed the shellac myself for the first time. (Usually I just have it done at the salon.) Soaking a cotton ball in pure acetone, I then put it on top the nail and wrapped the fingertip in foil. After 10 minutes, I took them off and the polish came off in one sheet. Pretty easy!

I let them rest for a week and I can say for sure that my nails are stronger than they've ever been. I've always had peeling nails and nothing over the years has been able to help. Until now. My nails were also super long, so I filed them down because I couldn't stand to look at them any longer.

Now that my nails were super short I knew I couldn't go too dark or too bright so I picked out OPI GelColor in Louvre Me Louvre Me Not.

 Louvre Me Louvre Me Not - artificial light

Louvre Me Louvre Me Not - natural light


Ever since the People's Choice Awards, I've been obsessing over the lipstick Lea Michele wore. It was the pink I've been looking for that will be perfect for spring.
via
Turns out, it's Roses in Love from Lancome's newest collection, Rouge in Love. Get one for yourself here.


1 comment:

  1. I love that lipstick shade. Wonder if I can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...