Saturday, January 28, 2012

Now Boarding: Chanel - Sky High in Paris



Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is less than two weeks away and I'm already beginning to twitch. There is this thrill that comes with watching the shows as they happen. In my case, streaming live off my macbook in the comfort of my living room. I plan out the week, which designers I like to watch live (and fit into my schedule) and which I will catch up on in between.

All this means that Tuesday's Chanel Haute Couture SS 2012 show was simply a teaser of the swooning to come. There was nothing I didn't absolutely love in the 14 minute show. Recreated larger-than-life aircraft? check. Sky high faux hawks adorned with feathers? check. Ambient ballast mood lighting? check.

my kind of runway


Featuring just about every blue imaginable (navy, royal, pale, teal) in flowy silks and beaded boucles - with pockets!

Check out the show:



It was hard to pick a favorite. Ok, not really, but it would have been hard to pick a second - after this:
merci beacoup!
The rest of my faves. You can find the entire collection on style.com






Are you not just completely breathless?! I'm losing my mind over those collars. Adore.


The styling was pretty fantastic, as well.

Chanel Le Vernis Sky Line nail polish
Le Crayon Yeau Precision Eye Pencil in Bleu Aerien
The Bleu Illusion Collection will be avail starting in July. (possibly earlier!)
All images via style.com, instyle

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...