Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes 2012 - The Good, The Bad & The Nude

Last night's Golden Globes was the first time I can remember almost falling asleep watching the red carpet. Did I miss the memo? I was so geared up for glamour and huge pops of color. A little neon. A hot orange. Flowing hair and fantastic makeup! Where was it? At best, it was a snooze. And don't even get me started on those headbands!
Ladies, you better bring it for the SAGs and Oscars.

I did have some hits for the evening...

Best Dressed

The glowing Jessica Alba.
Jessica Alba in Gucci

Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang, Emma Stone in Lanvin, Kate Beckinsale
 in Roberto Cavalli
There were some trends that I liked...

Black - Modern yet Classic at the same time

Kate Winslet in Jenny Packham, Claire Danes in J. Mendel,
 Julianne Moore in Chanel

Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci, Zooey Deschanel in Prada

I was surprised how much I loved how Rooney Mara & Zooey Deschanel chose to let their dresses stand for themselves, not adorning with jewelry. I'm a huge accessory girl, but these hit the mark and let their modern ensembles speak for themselves. I was also thinking we'd see more pops of color like what Zooey had.

But instead, we got this...

Nude, Nude & More Nude



Sleeves


I do have to say, I adore Tilda Swinton in this Haider Ackermann ensemble. She looks chic and fresh while staying true to her androgynous high-fashion style. The rest all are coming off a bit matronly and someone forgot to tell Kelly Osbourne that only 90 year olds dye their hair to match their dress.

Canary Yellow


I don't care how beautiful you are. Head to toe yellow is most likely NOT the best look.

Worst Dressed


Oh, it pains me so! Why Meryl? Why? 
Julianna Margulies has the most amazing figure, somewhere underneath this matronly number. Which, by the way, she must have called up Michelle Williams and said "Let's not be sexy this year". And then Lea Michelle accidentally picked up Helen Mirren's dress...

Ladies, you have been put on notice. Award season is still early - let's get it together.

images - just jared, style, eonline

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This post was better than any TMZ or E! post I've seen yet! Nicely done! Man oh man... Nude was the color this year, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - you're too kind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...