Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Influenster Holiday VoxBox

A few months ago I happened upon Influenster. It's a program that sends you Birchbox-like boxes of product to review and enjoy. You register for the site and based on the feedback provided, they send you complimentary health and beauty samples. A few weeks after you receive them, they will send you out a survey to tell them what you think of the products sent. My first box was December's Holiday VoxBox.

Here's what I got:





New York Color (NYC) Liquid Lip Shine - I got this in #582 Nude York City which is the perfect neutral gloss. I was quite surprised how cushiony (courtesy of Vitamin E) this was. And it tasted fantastic, like vanilla frosting, not cheap and plasticky, like I imagined.  This can easily be worn over any lip color or by itself. This is the perfect compliment to a smoky eye.

LARABAR - These are made with only 2-9 ingredients, are gluten-free and come in 19 flavors. Mine was peanut butter cookie and contains only dates, peanuts and salt. I would have had no idea, it was so good. I can't wait to try some of the other flavors like gingersnap, carrot cake and cappuccino, so the $1 off coupon they enclosed will come in handy.

Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask - I received their anti-stress Dead Sea mask with kelp and seaweed. I ended up not trying this yet because my skin has been so clear lately and I'm  not about to test something out during holiday party season! Apply this to a cleansed face, relax for 10-15 minutes then rinse. I'll let you know when I use it if it really cleanses impurities.

Mentos Pure Fresh Gum - This was the most surprising item in the bunch. How can gum be exciting, you say? I know gum. I know Mentos. But this was amazing. Seriously. It made me so happy I ran right out and bought more so I wouldn't run out. Sticks of gum can often lose flavor quite quickly and become dry if left in your purse too long. These little magical spheres gave me fresh breath that lasted for hours. And made my teeth feel super clean.

Garden Botanika Heart Fragrance - This is Garden Botanika's #1 seller. Fresh and clean with subtle floral hints. Very light. Didn't love it (I usually go for a bit more woodsy scents). But didn't not like it either. Smelled like I just got out of the shower.

Softsoap Coconut Scrub bar soap - I've never used anything by softsoap before, so I had no idea what to expect. I do love coconut, though. This smelled amazing and has a slight exfoliating scrub to it. My skin is super sensitive and I usually use Dove's sensitive skin unscented bar. After the first wash my skin felt a bit tighter (dryer?) than usual. But once I slathered body lotion on, I realized how incredibly soft my skin was. The husband is a big fan too. This will definitely be a repurchase and I can see using this all the time after the gym or when the summer weather hits.

imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails - I am NOT an artificial nail girl. So I won't be trying these. However, they appear to be a good length (not too long) and all you have to do is remove the back and stick on. They have a bunch of cute colors and patterns.



*all products were sent complimentary for review

3 comments:

  1. Love Larabars! Try the brownie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh thanks, adding it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes this is cool. So many knick knacks! I've never tried a lot of these items.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...