Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gatherings Kitchen - Here A Cookie, There A Cookie

I just finished up a wonderful night of cookie baking. So wonderful, in fact, that I don't ever want to see a cookie again. Well, ok, until tomorrow. Can you tell I had a few too many? (cookies, that is)

Gatherings Kitchen in Lakewood put on their 3rd annual Holiday Ice Box Cookie Making Event, which I read about over on I heart Cleveland's page. The concept was simple. Come hang out, whip up some cookies and take home an array of yummy icebox cookies to bake whenever you please. I'd heard many great things about Gatherings, so I was eager to check it out.

We split up in teams of 2 (thankfully my girlfriend Michelle joined me), were given a recipe and all the tools and ingredients we'd need.

Michelle and I made lime melt-aways. Gatherings feature a fully equipped professional kitchen with plenty of
 room for everyone to work comfortably and help if you need it. 
Chef's Ruth and Doug were on hand as well as their fun staff to help with questions or suggestions. They don't sell wine or beer, so feel free to bring some yourself. We drank, laughed, whipped and baked our way through the evening.

A batch of each was baked (and expertly decorated by Ruth)
and they were all as delish as they looked.

We took home enough dough to make
2 dozen of each cookie.
If you haven't been to Gatherings Kitchen, please stop by! Every Friday (January to November) they host a supper club where for $55 you get a hands-on workshop preparing the evening's meal and then the staff serves it up to you -restaurant style- in their dining room. They also have wonderful workshops for kids and a 4 class Prep School to fine tune your skills.

The lovely dining room.
I can't wait to go back.

5 comments:

  1. You totally should! The staff is fun and gracious and the space is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gatherings! We should plan a blogger dinner thing there in 2012. I think I know a few people that would be up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should, that would be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! Wish we had something like that here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...