Friday, December 16, 2011

Birchbox - November and December 2011

December's box marks my 15th Birchbox! Where has the time gone? If you are new to the program or have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, read all about it here. What I've learned over the past year is that I look ridiculously forward every month to that little pink box in the post. And that my friends never get the same box as me (which is good, because you can always swap treats!). Who knew that $10 a month could make a girl so happy? This month there were something like 16 different boxes. I always get asked what I got in mine, so I figured I'd start posting them.


Birchbox December 2011
December 2011
Benefit - The POREfessional - velvety facial primer that hides pores and fine lines
Harvey Prince - Ageless perfume
Jouer - Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink
L'Oreal Professionnel - Mythic Oil - lightweight hair oil that fights frizz and boosts shine
Showstoppers - Fashion Tape - double sided tape that celebs love to keep 'everything in it's place'
EBOOST - Orange Natural Energy Booster - mix with water for an energizing boost of nutrients*
A $20 Birchbox coupon off a $75 purchase was also included :)

*the above listings are descriptions of product, not necessarily a personal review

I'm most excited to try the POREfessional, fashion tape and Jouer lipgloss!
I'm least excited about the Mythic hair oil, due to my ridiculous love of Moroccanoil. There is no need for me to ever try another one. That's how much I love it (and the smell!)
What I wish I received - Oscar Blandi Pronto invisible volumizing dry shampoo. I'm a huge dry shampoo user and haven't tried this one yet.


Birchbox November 2011
November 2011
LaROCCA - Champagne and Shimmer Supreme Creme - fragrant body butter made with 24k colloidal gold
Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee - perfume
Two Paperdolls - coasters
Borghese - Fango Active Mud - cleansing mineral-rich mud mask for face and body
Zoya Gems & Jewels Polish - Izzy
Prize Unlocked - Baublebar black wood pop bracelet (and a $10 off Baublebar coupon) - given out based on how many Birchbox points you had

Most excited for the Baublebar bracelet (!) and Fango Mud. I used to use Borghese products years ago and always loved this mud treatment. I also really loved the Zoya polish, but have been on such a shellac kick that I gave it to a girlfriend.
I was least excited for the coasters until I used them. They really are great and fun. They absorb moisture unlike the fancy stone ones I have, where the water just drips off the coaster onto the table.


Don't forget to post feedback on every product to get your Birchbox points! 10 points for each month you subscribe and 10 points for every product you review. 100 points = $10 off

What did you get this month? What did you love or hate?

5 comments:

  1. What kind of dry shampoo would you recommend? I could really use some now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't mind finding some of those items in my stocking.Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a yellow matchbox car in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I got the same November box :) I love my little Beiber Baublebar bracelet! I wear a lot of black so it goes with so many of my outfits. Just another reason Birchbox is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way don't you all love that my mother is "Mom" on blogger? too cute!

    @Mom - You should try Tresemme http://www.tresemme.com/Products/Fresh-Start/

    It's avail at the drugstore and they have a spray version and a foaming version. I've used it before but my hair is just a little to heavy for it. Would be perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melanie - I think it is! It's on the most darling little postcard.

    @Chelsea - I LOVE my bracelet too! So perfect for the holidays and a great layering piece. Did we get the same box for Dec, too?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...