Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hallo-wines, Noodlecat & An OOTD

Saturday night the husband and I headed out to one of my favorite places for their annual Hallowine Tasting. I'm not a big Halloween girl. I pretty much look forward to it because when it's over, my favorite time of year has unofficially begun. I'm not big on dressing up and at 35 no one needs to see me as the sexy bunny, nurse, kitty cat etc. (Well, except the husband. But I'm pretty sure he's ok with the sexy wife costume.) I do, however, love to go out and see everyone else's costumes!

We tasted 5 spooky wines and nibbled on sweet and savory treats - no tricks here.
do you see these prices! great wine at a great price is a very good thing


While I enjoyed them all, I really liked the Vampire Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir, Zinzilla and the Treasure Hunter.

We then headed downtown to Noodlecat, which for some crazy reason keep getting mediocre reviews on yelp and urbanspoon. For the record I usually only take restaurant reviews from people I actually know. Since some online communities allow people to remain anonymous, I doubt they have brought their concerns to management allowing them to make changes. (sorry for the rant!)

Our experience was nothing short of fabulous. I really like the interior's cool, urban/asian vibe. This is a place you can show up wearing a dress or suit or jeans and hoodie. I love a great mix of people.



Ohio beef brisket with matzo ramen
Hokkaido Ramen - roasted pork, creamed corn in a miso corn broth
w/ chili oil
You can't tell here, but these bowls are a foot wide and will hold much more soup than you could ever finish. Not to worry, they'll pack the rest up for you to go. We also tried the BBQ Ohio pork bun and it was delish. I'm officially in love with a cat named Noodle! The bun, 2 soups and beer came to $32.

They outfitted us with these cute light up devil ears - 'tis the season!
Outfit of The Day


chambray shirt - Old Navy
pleat front skirt - Ann Taylor
belt - Ann Taylor
tights - dkny
shoes - MKRT
jacket - Banyan Tree
bracelet - Evie Lou, Coach


Oddly enough, Veronika (love her!) from Veronika's Blushing wore the same shirt and similar skirt together (she just posted this last night). Great minds... :)




I originally tried on this J. Crew version, but the color and fit wasn't right on me, so I ended up with the Old Navy one.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to wine&design! Love the outfit and can't wait to try Noodle Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! Everything looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg- I originally uploaded your tasting sheet and it somehow disappeared from this post! Reloaded it. I find these so helpful when you have the bigger tasting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit and the pics of the Noodlecat! What a fun place! The food looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit of the day! Also, I had the beef brisket/matzo noodles and thought they were delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dreaming about noodles ever since...brisket, matzo....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...