Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Outfit of the Day & Shop Online at the Banyan Tree

I'm not so good at outfit of the day (OOTD) posts. I can never remember to take them and when I do I'm such an awkward model. The husband always jokes that he has to take my picture when I'm not paying attention cause if I see that camera come out I go totally Zoolander. So here are the least awkward ones out of the bunch. One day I should do an outtakes post since they are hysterical.


We were going to a wine tasting in Tremont and ended up heading over to Ginko. Eating there twice in 3 days is totally acceptable, it's that good. I needed something in between casual and dressy because we didn't know where we'd end up, but it was cold and rainy out so I grabbed the blazer. I've had the blouse for a million years. It has tricky button placement to me. One button up and it's too 'buttoned up' and one button down I'm showing my bra. I threw on the inside necklace to cover any bra peekage and the outside one for fun. I went with a little bit lower heel than usual since I'd be dodging raindrops and puddles all evening.



Banana Republic - pants
Old Navy - shirt
Ellen Tracy - shoes
H&M - belt, blazer
Kate Spade - leopard bangle
LOFT - bauble necklace
TJMaxx - inside pink necklace



Starting yesterday, you can now shop Banyan Tree's Figwood collection online! Everything they have up so far is adorably cozy and so reasonably priced. With winter coming, making sure to stay warm and fashionable is a high priority around here. Here is what I've already put in my shopping basket.


1. long crochet gloves $26
2. oversized cardigan $78
3. boat neck sweater $56
4. silver wishbone necklace $34
5. stick dangle earring $28

7 comments:

  1. Awww - so cute! Love all those necklaces!

    Have to admit...I love TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I never remember to look there for jewelry. A girlfriend came to work with this necklace on and I had to have it. Ran right over there. Couldn't believe the prices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style. Very city chic. You don't look awkward at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes TJ Maxx has awesome prices! And you are making me really want to go to Ginko now. How is it on the weekends? Do you need reservations? Long wait?

    http://headtotoeinanthro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christina :) You always have great photos.

    @melissa - about 15 seats at the bar are open for walk ins at Ginko, the rest of the bar and tables/booths can be reserved. I went around 9:30-10p and snagged seats at the bar on a Fri. Let me know how you like it if you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So So classy. Flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know what you're talking about with buttoning up your blouse. I like your solution though - throw on a "safety necklace" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...