Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gelish - Deep Sea & GelColor By OPI

I'm in LOVE. I think this might just be my favorite Gelish or Shellac color so far. I've been looking for the perfect navy blue polish for a long time. Most have too much purple or glitter. This one has just the right amount of shimmer to keep it from looking flat. I am a creme polish girl. I usually don't do shimmer but it works in this color. It's really only noticeable in sunlight.





{via}


There are quite a few gel polish/hybrid polish brands out now. I'm super excited that OPI has come to their senses and will soon be introducing OPI GelColor. Unlike their Axxium (pure gel formula), which was in a gel pot and went on with a paintbrush, Gel Color (gel/polish hybrid) will be in a nail lacquer bottle and go on just like polish. It will also be thinner and faster drying than Axxium. They will debut 28 familiar colors to start. Originally this was to be out late October. Then word came of November. Now I'm hearing the beginning of the year. I'll update if I hear anything more concrete.

Rumored colors include:
I'm Really Not A Waitress, Louvre me Louvre me not, Lucky Lucky Lavender, 
Lincoln Park After Dark, Pompeii Purple, Here Today Aragon Tomorrow, Russian
Navy, You Don't Know Jacques!, Alpine Snow, Bubble Bath, Passion, OPI Ink


4 comments:

  1. this inspires me to do my nails! they are in dire need of some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my nails done the other day, and stupidly, I didn't check the name of the polish. Its Gelish, a blue with fine red shimmery sparkles that you can really only detect in the sunlight. Is this Deep sea? I can't tell if in your photo it has red in it.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. It's very subtle, mostly showing in direct sunlight. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Does the dupe OPI Russian navy also have red sparkles in it?
      I suppose if they're both gel, to just go with Gelish. Waiting to be a millionaire so I can buy all the polish in the world!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...