Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shellac Fedora & Gelish Passion, It's A Lily

Here are my latest faves in the Shellac world. Just for the record, I'm still loving this. It still lasts at least 3 weeks without chipping or wear. Though, due to the amount of grow out at the cuticle, I usually have it redone every 2 weeks or so. Since nails typically grow faster in the summer, I'm hoping I can start to go 3 weeks in between in the winter. If you missed my initial review you can read it here. I still haven't found any difference in wear whether I use CND's Shellac or Nail Harmony's Gelish. I have found that quite a few nail salons refer to it as shellac regardless of which brand they are using.



I sooo love this color, but keep in mind it looks
dramatically different in natural vs artificial lighting.
super hot bright pink sometimes....
and coral other times!


I also wanted to note that, in a few weeks time, your nails will probably get a bit long and need a file down. I have had no problem whatsoever in filing them with this polish on. No chips or peeling at all.


10 comments:

  1. I am still loving my shellac and gelish too!! Have you went the route of trying to do it yourself yet? I have - and it is super easy to do! My boyfriend bought me the whole kit at Sally Beauty in North Olmsted and upgraded the light to a real nice plug in stronger model. It is easier than painting your nails with regular polish and I can even do my toes!
    www.headtotoeinanthro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shellac (and gelish). My nails are stronger and the polish always looks fantastic. I am still amazed when I can leave the salon with dry nails! The only time I had poor results was when I removed the shellac myself at home (my nails got very dry and brittle then).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa - I haven't tried it myself yet. I did hear that an upgraded light is a must. One of the girls at work got the Red Carpet Manicure System avail at Ulta and she loves it! So glad there are options to do it yourself. It always sucked when you spent time giving yourself the perfect mani and it only lasted a few days.
    Do you have any tricks for removal? Soaking or wraps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CLEgal- I know, right! I can't believe how strong and healthy my nails are too. Removing at home scares me a little for that very reason. It seems so easy at the salon.

    Ladies, what colors are you loving lately? I saw a navy (think I was gelish) I'm thinking of trying out next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the hot pink, and the fedora color! I have yet to try this...but I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soak my nails in pure acetone. The key is that after soaking wash your hands real good and apply cuticle oil all over your entire nail and let that soak in. Then I put on a thick lotion. I usually wait at least a couple hours or overnight before I reapply. For instance - I take off the shellac before bed. Put on all the moisurizing stuff and go to sleep and shellac in the morning. (That way I dont break my nails with the shellac off) Nails have never looked better! Very healthy.
    www.headtotoeinanthro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the advice :) I will definitely give this a try the next time I have to remove on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need that fedora color. Need it. I'm going to Ulta to look for the home kit this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just put acetone on cotton, place on nails, and wrap with aluminum foil.
    Wait 10 to 15 minutes and gently scrape off what is left with your nail or orangewood stick. Wrap all the fingers on a hand at one time, but remove the foil/polish from one finger at a time. It will reharden if not. This doesn't use near as much acetone as soaking, and I'm not real keen on having that much of my hand soaking in acetone. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tracey, I love all these great suggestions :) Sounds super easy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...