Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fresh Fork Weeks 11-17

Or otherwise known as "I'm a really bad blogger"! It wasn't until my girlfriend asked me if I was still getting the Fresh Fork that I realized I have so not kept up with my posts. What can I say? I was really enjoying that last bit of summer and gearing up for fall.

There has been so much fabulous food coming my way that I'm actually starting a bit of a diet tomorrow. The Special K Challenge, to be exact. Don't judge. I have 7 pounds to lose (that creeped it's way into my skinny jeans since last year) and have always been really good at eating super healthy and portion control while not depriving myself of treats (chocolate, wine). But recently things have gotten a bit - more. Just more. More food, more fun and more (just a little bit) of me. So I need a jump start to get back to where I've been for so many years now. It's a quick 2 week plan that doesn't starve you (we'll see!). I can still cook and enjoy a regular dinner at home. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. But back to the food. Here's a rundown of what we've been enjoying from the Fork.

WEEK 11


1 4-oz package goat chevre cheese from Lucky Penny Farm
1 watermelon 
6 ears corn
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes (multi-color)
2 ct zucchini 
2 ct yellow summer squash
Approx 1.5 lbs red slicing tomatoes
Quarter-lb basil
2 green bell peppers
1 large black opal eggplant
1 large candy onion  

Week 12


1 pint blackberries
1 quart yogurt
1 lb nitrate free bacon from Berkshire hogs
Approx 1.5 lbs slicing tomatoes
1 head leaf lettuce
3 lbs new potatoes yukon gold variety 
1 bunch swiss chard 
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes 
Approx 1.5 lbs peaches 

Week 13

1 yellow doll watermelon
2 ct eggplant
1 quart hot hungarian peppers
1 lb clover honey
1 medium canteloupe
Approx 1 lb heirloom tomatoes 
2 summer squash
1 pint mixed baby sweet peppers
Quarter Peck Golden Supreme apples 
Approx 1 lb slicing tomatoes 

Week 14


6 ears super sweet Miria 301 corn
3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
1 lb grassfed ground beef
1 lb green beans
Approx 1.5 lbs Flaming Fury Lucky 13 and John Boy peaches 
2 ct cucumbers 
3 ct yellow summer squash 
8 oz bag or bunch of kale
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes 

2 ct eggplant

WEEK 15


1 lb pumpkin sage linguini
2 lb log of butter made from grass-grazed, organic milk 
2 ct eggplant
red peppers
2 ct winter squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti)
1 lb yellow wax beans
Quarter peck Gala apples 
1 head leaf lettuce 
1 bag small red potatoes
half gallon milk
3 ct red onions
add on order: pork jowl bacon (more on that later!)

WEEK 16 - we skipped and used a vacation week

WEEK 17


1 whole pasture raised chicken
3 lbs sweet potatoes
2 bulb hardneck garlic
2 lbs concord grapes
6 ears sweet corn
1 lb green beans
1 sleeve leaf lettuce   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...