Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fresh Fork WK 6-7 & The Lola Burger

Last week we enjoyed our version of Michael Symon's Lola burger. This is hands-down one of my faves at The Q, B Spot or Lolita.


I swapped out the english muffin for a fresh, hand-knotted roll and cheated on the spicy ketchup. I didn't have enough time to make it, but I found this amazing substitute at Heinen's.


It has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy with just enough kick to be exciting, yet not overpowering. Yum!


I had mine without the bun, since I'm not the most graceful burger eater. I usually end up with half of it on myself or the plate and eating it with a fork anyway. These were delicious and got me thinking what else I can top with a fried egg?

Fresh Fork Week 6





1 bulb candy onion
1 head German white porcelain garlic
1 lb green beans
1 bunch green onions
2 ct zucchini
2 ct squash
Approx 2 lbs sweet cherries
1 pint black raspberries
Approx 1.5 lbs tomatoes
1 lb garlic chive linguine 
1 cucumber 

I've never had a candy bulb onion before. I halved it, tossed it with olive oil and salt and pepper and grilled it. Unbelievably sweet and crunchy. I'm a huge green bean fan. The husband is not. These were the most tender, delicious beans I've has in a long, long time. I blanched them, put them in ziploc bags in the fridge and took them to work to snack on. They were the perfect mid-day crunchy snack I needed (when everyone else was eating chips).

WEEK 7


1 lb dragon's tongue green beans
1 bunch cilantro 
2 ct zucchini
2 ct squash
1 whole pasture raised chicken
1 head leaf lettuce
1 pint blueberries
Approx 1.5 lbs cling peaches
Approx 1.5 lbs slicing tomatoes 

I am beyond thrilled to have dragon's tongue beans! I've only seen them in magazines. Too bad they lose their purple spots when cooked.


This week I added broccoli, organic Costa Rican coffee and 1 lb of Luna farmhouse chili veggie burgers to my order. ($11) Luna burgers can be found at many local restaurants. They are quite large if you're used to the Boca and Gardenburger brands. They use all Ohio ingredients and are sold at Constantino's, the Nature Bin in Lakewood and Whole Foods on Cedar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...