Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Maxi Dress

Blumarine Spring RTW 2011

My post on the Rachel Zoe Resort collection is still resonating with me. I'm completely consumed with thoughts of taking a quaint holiday in St Tropez or Lake Cuomo. And since the weather has dipped below 80 degrees I'm all about the maxi. I have a few from the past couple years, but they are simple, one color and a little blah. Since the trend has really taken over in stores there are currently so many wonderful options in all kinds of prints and textures available. Even different sizes, which really helps this 5'3" (if I'm standing on my tippie, tippie toes) girl, since I spend a great deal of time and money altering things to fit. Maxi dresses are universally flattering and offer great options that you can work from spring to fall. I love the look of layering in the cooler weather with scarves, sweaters and boots.

So here's the SMITTEN version of Long & Luxurious:

BCBGeneration $148

Banana Republic silk printed maxi skirt $98

Diane von Furstenberg $525

Hinge $158

Anthropologie $268 $69.95


J Crew $98

Topshop $100

Winter Kate $269

L.A.M.B. coming Fall 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...