Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wrapped In Leather

{via}
From the minute I spotted this Michael Kors number on the runway I was fascinated. Kors, the king of American sportswear has done it again. By taking a simple white suit and wrapping and strapping it in leather, gives a modern edge, all while retaining a classic look. It's been available for awhile now and I thought my want would subside. No such luck. Instead it has me wanting everything I can get my hands on in wrapped, cognac leather.



Highly inappropriate beach shoes, yes. But these Emilio Pucci
sandals would look lovely perched poolside with a cocktail!

Michael Kors $850 (image via)
A bit more appropriate for the pool...KORS Michael Kors $175

Speaking of more appropriate...I like a little inappropriate beach-wear. It's not like I'm swimming laps or anything. I'm pretty much dipping in to cool off and getting back to my beach chair. I'm not talking Victoria's Secret inappropriateness. (dental floss monokini, anyone?) But a little leather, sequin or some hardware is just fine with me.

The original wonder Michael Kors $289


The ultimate waist-cincher would be perfect at the
in-laws pool.   Michael Kors $289


I'd wear this one with my girls in Vegas or South Beach
Michael Kors $278

I'll bring this one on vacation with the husband or for
watching a little beach volleyball. Again, Michael Kors
$239
(and these are all very accurate representations of how I'd look in said swimwear.  KIDDING!)

Mr. Kors also has these amazing bamboo and gold
oversized sunnies for $195.

Celine cream canvas tote $1150 on sale $920


Reed Krakoff Boxer I $990


And if you can afford it, why not? Behold...the Boxer II
in crocodile and canvas $5990


Lauren by Ralph Lauren leather patch dress $150

Urban Outfitters cooperative leather wrap belt $34

leather lily stone necklace Banana Republic $45

Kelly Double Tour bracelet Hermes $430

Cape Cod watch Hermes $2500

Alexander McQueen leather charm bracelet $350

Ralph Lauren leather stirrup bracelet $225

House of Harlow earrings $30

3 comments:

  1. The leather with the swimsuits is awesome, and very figure flattering. I'm shocked it too so long for someone to do it. I really like the wraparound hermes cape cod watch. It's a great modern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would look incredible in any of these. These really are the equivalent of a cocktail dress, but for the beach/pool. So glam, and so SATC. Go ahead girl, be as inappropriate as you can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, please! I have been wanting one of these since I saw you first wear one. Pebble grey is beautiful.Leather Wrap Belt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...